Why become a member? ×

Fulltone Bass Drive (non-mosfet) for sale

wingnutkj

I'm having a clear out of some pedals I no longer use. Here's some classic boutique bass overdrive...

[s][b]Fulltone Bass Drive[/b] - £90 posted within UK[/s] Withdrawn for now.

This is the non-Mosfet version, from 2002. Full working order, great condition. Comes complete with box, manual and Fulltone sticker. You know what these are like - quality construction, true bypass switching, boost channel, pull up the volume knob for comp cut, fantastic tone, which gets even better when you thwack 18 volts at it instead of 9.

PM me if you have any questions. I work in the centre of Glasgow, so if you're in the vicinity and want to collect, that's easily arranged and means you save on postage.

More pictures:

Edited by wingnutkj

[quote name='EvilSmile' post='917399' date='Aug 6 2010, 08:45 PM']I'm pretty interested in getting one of these pedals whats the difference between the mosfet version and the non-mosfet sound wise?[/quote]

I've not heard the mosfet version, so I'm not sure what the difference is. From what I gather, in the later mosfet version, there's a switch for comp-cut* instead of pulling up the volume knob and an a new switch for mosfet and normal modes. This changes the clipping mode of the pedal, by routing the signal through mosfet transistors for the mosfet mode, or through the original transistors for the normal mode. I'm not sure what the difference is in musical terms - I think it changes the voicing of the overdrive slightly - mosfet transistors are meant to give a slightly smoother tone.

Anyone care to give a better explanation?

*Comp-cut removes the compression from the overdrive, effectively giving you a clean boost pedal with a lots of of headroom.

The mosfet switch on the newer model can change the sound from a more 'modern' sound to a slightly more 'vintage'. A bit more Sunshine of your Love in the mosfet setting while the other setting is more modern, tighter with less fuzz - not fuzz as in big muff - just more defined.

Poor explanation but there you go. I think most ppl would decide on on or the other setting and leave it there and for £90 its a steal if you dig a more modern edge to your filth :)

that's the same year as my bassdrive, 2002, and it's the only pedal that's never (to this day) left my board, whatever bass i've used or band i've been in. £90 is a very fair price for such a great pedal. Unlike the MOSFETS, these used to cost about £225.

Dude, one question, what have you replaced it with?!?!?

[quote name='GazWills' post='922916' date='Aug 12 2010, 04:41 PM']Dude, one question, what have you replaced it with?!?!?[/quote]

Despite the quality of the Fulltone, I've found it's not quite the right tone for me, and I usually end up going for my old faithful Big Muff (black Russian version) when I need to dirty things up. It dirties things up a lot! I've also got a Guyatone BB-X Bass Driver for those occasions where the Muff is too unrefined. The Fulltone's a fantastic pedal, but I'm just not using it.

• 1 month later...