Why become a member? ×

Would I regret selling my Tecamp 210 combo?

basskit_case

We are expecting our first child on the 6th August and the spare room which was the office/guitar room is now the nursery, so I am downsizing, my stuff and I am considering selling my Tecamp 210 combo as part of this process and using my Line6 110 instead.

It’s a win-win if I do sell it as it raises much needed monies for Baby supplies and my ‘rig’ takes up less space in the lounge.

I started playing about 16 months ago and really enjoy it, I try and play most days, but ultimately I am my only audience, I am not in a band and don’t do gigs.

I think that as lovely as it is the Tecamp is overkill for my needs, do you think I will regret selling the Tecamp?

i think at some point you there will be a brief moment where you go 'huh, shoulda kept that thing'. But then the at the moment it does look surplus to requirements and selling it will benifit you now. And if it's a couple of years before the need arises for something larger, i'm sure there will be something nice for sale that you can buy then.

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='912568' date='Aug 2 2010, 10:20 AM']i think at some point you there will be a brief moment where you go 'huh, shoulda kept that thing'. But then the at the moment it does look surplus to requirements and selling it will benifit you now. And if it's a couple of years before the need arises for something larger, i'm sure there will be something nice for sale that you can buy then.[/quote]

Thats kind of where I am at, thinking that when I am in a position where I want to gig I can find something suitable then.

I think it was another of the purchases made as a supposed shortcut to learning (if I buy this I will improve my playing tenfold).

I will have a think about it, perhaps put it up on here later this week.

The only thing then is setting the right price, these tend not to come onto eBay and they are on here infrequently.

Price is not an easy one for tecamp, especially after the guitarguitar sale.

When i needed the money I put my 1x12 combo up here asking £500, I had a lot of interest and 3 definate 'will buy's, but then no longer needed the money and withdrew it. The 2x10 is obviously bigger and has the next amp up in it if i'm not mistaken? Also I think eubassix sold one recently?

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='912758' date='Aug 2 2010, 01:22 PM']Price is not an easy one for tecamp, especially after the guitarguitar sale.

When i needed the money I put my 1x12 combo up here asking £500, I had a lot of interest and 3 definate 'will buy's, but then no longer needed the money and withdrew it. The 2x10 is obviously bigger and has the next amp up in it if i'm not mistaken? Also I think eubassix sold one recently?[/quote]

Yes, I saw that eubassix had one up for sale here recently, out of courtesy to him (didnt want to start a price war) and the fact that I was undecided I held off putting mine up.

I am thinking £650 pickup or £670 delivered at the moment, guess I just need to decide what I am going to do by tonight and I can then decide whether to list it on here or shut the hell up about it :)

Thanks for your help

Edited by basskit_case