Why become a member? ×

Bergantino ip112. SOLD

jocke

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='mcgraham' post='142946' date='Feb 19 2008, 11:06 AM']Guys, this is an [i][u]amazing[/u][/i] piece of kit. I know it's a fair bit of money to part with, but it's exceedingly low for what it is.

I'm sorely tempted myself! Free bump either way.

Mark[/quote]

I'm not familiar with Bergantinos. What makes this mere 1x12 warrant the price tag? I see a few extras on the back of the cab there.

Edited by Tee

[quote name='Tee' post='142982' date='Feb 19 2008, 12:13 PM']I'm not familiar with Bergantinos. What makes this mere 1x12 warrant the price tag? I see a few extras on the back of the cab there.[/quote]

It's got a poweramp in... so it's an active speaker not a passive speaker.

It has a 1000W power amp inside it plus full DSP (Digital Sound Processing) that includes compressing/limiting between the amp and speakers plus eq that gives the speakers a very balanced/flat sound. It runs 500W into it's internal speakers and 1000w if you plug in the Bergatino EX112 or HT112 speakers and has a second eq built in to optimise the amp for the addition of the extra speaker.

I cannot tell you how good this speaker (s) is - ladies and gentlemen this is a bargain!!

Mark

[quote]I'm not familiar with Bergantinos. What makes this mere 1x12 warrant the price tag? I see a few extras on the back of the cab there.[/quote]

EDIT: Looks like Mark beat me to it! Phew, glad to see I wasn't too far off.

Tis a good question! I won't pretend to be an expert, so I'll stick (as much as is possible) to qualitative differences.

It has a 1000W digital power amp (weighing 6 pounds according to Mark @ BassDirect) built into it, allowing you to hook up an extension cab if you wish. The speaker portion of the unit itself is rated at 300W (I believe). It also has Digital Signal Processing applied to it, which means that it has a much better/even response across a whole range of frequencies. i.e. undesirable frequencies that occur as a characteristic of certain speakers are filtered out creating a more or less flat (or at least desirable) frequency response that would not be (easily) possible otherwise.

The concept behind it was to create a great sounding cab that people (Note: ill informed musicians) wouldn't blow up, abuse or fail to realise its full potential when matching/mismatching cabs and heads/amps. All it "needs" is a preamp.

I think it sounds amazing. Talk to Mark @ BD if you want more info or want to check one out. Top guy!

Mark

Edited by mcgraham

The amp is now on hold while we work out the transaction details...

I can only recommend that everyone should at least once play a Bergantino ip- cab. It´s really eyeopening. I´m not happy to part with this little monster but I have bills to pay... :)

[quote]The amp is now on hold while we work out the transaction details...

I can only recommend that everyone should at least once play a Bergantino ip- cab. It´s really eyeopening. I´m not happy to part with this little monster but I have bills to pay...[/quote]

I'm glad you managed to find a buyer bud, that's a great active cab at a phenomenally good price, I'm just sad that it needed to go this low to get snapped up.

You can always opt for the standard series. I know it's not quite the same but I think that they get a very similar sound (possibly even indistinguishable in a live setting?) for a fraction of the cost.

Mark

Edited by mcgraham