Why become a member? ×

2 channel switch pre map thingy

BobVbass

Hi

I've got a double bass and an electric and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a footswitch that can take two inputs and switch which one goes to the amp? If it was a pre amp with different settings for each input channel that would be superb - can't find anything though - any ideas?

thanks

Bob

[quote name='bob_pickard' post='911083' date='Jul 31 2010, 11:37 AM']Hi

I've got a double bass and an electric and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a footswitch that can take two inputs and switch which one goes to the amp? If it was a pre amp with different settings for each input channel that would be superb - can't find anything though - any ideas?

thanks

Bob[/quote]

There's lots of 'simple' switches around to suit every pocket. Behringer make the cheapest, although Musikding.de will sell you a kit that's slightly cheaper and more robust. From about £25 to silly money for a Lehle unit. I'm not aware of a pre-amp version, but that wouldn't be hard to create with a simple pre-amp pedal on each channel before the switch.

You could do it with a simple true bypass looper (one into the input, the other into the loop return) if all you need is a mechanical switch.

If you need to adjust the volume for each input, look at the Boss LS-2 - stick an instrument into each loop return and set the footswitch to switch between loop A and loop B.

[quote name='Alien' post='911359' date='Jul 31 2010, 05:06 PM'][url="http://www.basscentre.com/bass-effects/ebs-micro-bass-ii.html"]EBS Microbass[/url]

Not cheap, but sounds like the very thing you're looking for.

A[/quote]

Yes, they're very good....

D.