Why become a member? ×

gb neox112 v berg ae112

tubbybloke68

hi all, dont post much i must admit but was wondering if anyone could offer their opinions?ive already got two neox 12 cabs that i run through my shuttle 6.im very pleased with my sound but am i right in thinking that the bergs wouldnt be quite as full sounding as my exsisting rig due to smaller cab size and lighter weight? and/or how do the neox112s compare to the ht112er and ex112er? also is anyone running two ex112s?i know they have no tweeters but they are a bit lighter than the ht.any thoughts would be appreciated.ta

They are all nice cabinets, but IMO Id stick with the GB cabs as they get VERY good reviews, so no real reason to change them.

If you get the AE112, Im sure they will sound as big. It all depends.

The HT112ER/EX are extremely good cabinets, but Talkbass has users who state some of the micros just havent got enough ommph to drive them. Ive no idea if thats true. They are ceramic as well therefore will be fairly heavy,

I have 2 AE112's and the only way you don't get something out is if you don't put it in in the first place. I can drown the band in deep bass, twangy highs and everything in between.

I own 4 Bergantino cabs and haven't experienced any downsides regarding tone, volume or quality.

[quote name='chris_b' post='909530' date='Jul 29 2010, 07:09 PM']I have 2 AE112's and the only way you don't get something out is if you don't put it in in the first place. I can drown the band in deep bass, twangy highs and everything in between.

I own 4 Bergantino cabs and haven't experienced any downsides regarding tone, volume or quality.[/quote]
nice one guys,thanks for your imput.i guess the thing that intrigues me without having tried them is that the ae112s are even lighter than my neox12s!maybe im just splitting hairs here and getting really lazy!i use my two ae210s for the larger gigs and the're fine too,guess im too spoilt with this lightweight stuff.ha