Why become a member? ×

Yet another ´What´s it worth?´

basshead56

Hi guys, a friend of mine is considering moving on his 1976 Fender Jazz.
It was oly white, more faded cream now, tort guard.
It has the typical bound and blocked rw board, bullet-truss and 3 bolt neck plate.
It has had one mod-the pups were swapped out for EMG actives some years ago and so it has had a battery box fitted (looks very well done)
The stock pups have vanished.
There is no original hardcase either
A few chips and dings (eg tiny corner of the pickguard has chipped off where it meets the control plate) and wear marks- fairly common for a bass of this age that´s been gigged week in-week out.
Seems to play fine.
In terms of weight, its not the lightest (but weighs far less than my ´SID´ 78 Precision!)

So what´s a fair price for this lovely bit of lumber?

I am not really a fan of Jazzes and know more about P basses, so will leave this to the relevant BC authorities :)

EDIT: description updated

Edited by basshead56

Market for these has definitely dipped in the past year, I reckon original condition ones are trading at around £200 - £300 down now & anything with aftermarket mods is not only lower in value but getting harder to sell too.

I reckon the guys above have got the pricing about right - I have seen the odd one creeping down to £1,100 and if it's a real '70's heavy monster than that'll really hurt value as well :)