Why become a member? ×

Warwick Buzzard BO 4 String

EvilSmile

I recently purchased a G&L SB2 bass and over the past 2 weeks its quickly become my main goto bass. So much so that everything i was using this buzzard for i can now do with the SB-2 and do it better! I'd like to down size and while i really love the bass i can't see it getting much play time now so thought i'd pass it on to someone who'd appreciate it and play it!

I did experiment with some nordstrand pickups in the bass but i've put the orignal MEC pickups back in it now. The bass required exra shielding with the passive nordstrand pickups and i shielded the pickup cavity with copper tape which i've left on the bass as its doing no harm (i can remove it at buyers request and clean it all up) I also have replaced the JAN II as when i got the bass it was missing the slide flaps so it is now fully functional with no issues.

The bass currently has a set of optima gold strings on it. Ands comes with the warwick user kit, gig bag and strap locks.

[s]Looking for around £700 for this but i'm open to offers however no trades. Due to the length of the bass shipping is going to be very impractical so this is collection only.[/s]

Looking for £600 firm now. Collection is preferred and advised due to the length of the bass but i can arrange courier at buyers cost.

I'm located currently near cambridge but am going to and from york every few weeks - so could do drop offs on the way or offer collection from either york or cambridge.

[size=5]Pics Found Here:
[/size] [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/squirrelguru/BuzzardBO?feat=directlink"]http://picasaweb.google.com/squirrelguru/B...feat=directlink[/url]
Cheers,

Edited by EvilSmile

Sorry about the huge wait for pics - needed to borrow a camera - i'm just going round a mates to pick up the camera now so should have them up within the next hour or two.

Also i thought i'd offer the option of having the bass come with nordstrand NP4's as well as the MEC's. I can do this for an extra £100 (normally would cost £210 for the pickups!). - I can put either in the bass for you - just to tempt anyone else. I've got the nordys up for sale individually [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=96603&hl=NP4"]here[/url]

Anyway pics will be up asap.

Edited by EvilSmile

I've made a few clips to give the idea of the sound of this bass with optima golds. I appologies for any mistakes/timing issues these where mostly 1 take clips to give an idea on the sound with no click track.

1 = Both Pickups
2 = Neck Pickup
3 = Bridge Pickup

I'll try and get some clips with the nordstrand NP4 pickups in done tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump!

Bit of a price update - £625 including fully insured mainland UK shipping or £600 if you can collect the bass. I'm heading back up to york on the w/e of the 2nd October. If you are interested and are on the way i'm happy to drop the bass off.

I'm also happy to consider offers as well, sorry no trades.