Why become a member? ×

Neodymium 15" drivers

stevie

Here's a pair of neo 15" bass drivers for those interested in reducing the weight of their cabs. They look like the usual Celestion/Monacor fare. Currently at £51 with not much interest - probably because they're in the DJ section.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130411685095&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='906191' date='Jul 26 2010, 06:51 PM']Sensible sized voice coil says not some silly rated car sub.[/quote]

Due to some of the spurious specs quoted I've always steered well clear of any name that I'm not immediately familiar with. However if that is a decent pair of drivers then someone has just scored a bargain then!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='906191' date='Jul 26 2010, 06:51 PM']Sensible sized voice coil says not some silly rated car sub.[/quote]
Yes, you can also tell from the double roll surround that they are a PA driver. I don't expect these are going to be amazing, but for that price it's worth taking a punt because you know you'll always get your money back. Some of the Asian loudspeakers can now match what is available from the top European makers - and at a much lower price. I couldn't quite tell from the photo, but these may even have had a cast chassis.