Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Guitar

TKenrick

Ovation-style acoustic guitar (bolt-on neck, plastic body, wooden top)

Originally bought off ebay for about £60, excellent condition owing to having hardly been played.

Has issues staying in tune, hence why I'm giving it away. I suspect that tuning/intonation issues could be solved with a decent setup by someone who knows what they're doing, but as I don't really play guitar any more I can't justify holding on to it and would much rather it goes to someone who'll use it.

I'm based in Chiswick (just off M4 junction 2), collection preferred but will consider posting if necessary.

[attachment=54926:IMGP3734.JPG]

I was thinking of sending it by courier as I don't trust other means of postage, even with an inexpensive instrument like this.

Whereabouts are you based? I'll be around Worcestershire for a few days next week if that happens to be close enough for you to drive, otherwise i'll investigate courier/postage options if you're still interested.

Tom

[quote name='TKenrick' post='905418' date='Jul 26 2010, 01:43 AM']I was thinking of sending it by courier as I don't trust other means of postage, even with an inexpensive instrument like this.

Whereabouts are you based? I'll be around Worcestershire for a few days next week if that happens to be close enough for you to drive, otherwise i'll investigate courier/postage options if you're still interested.

Tom[/quote]

PM'd

If that doesn't workout with ProseBass could I grab it? I work with a youth group, and a spare acoustic guitar might be handy.

Out of interest, was this branded 'Melody'? I bought one for about 25 quid a couple of years back, and despite terrible build quality (the neck is apparently plywood with a rosewood veneer fingerboard!) it's actually quite usable after some work.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' post='908383' date='Jul 28 2010, 04:29 PM']If that doesn't workout with ProseBass could I grab it? I work with a youth group, and a spare acoustic guitar might be handy.

Out of interest, was this branded 'Melody'? I bought one for about 25 quid a couple of years back, and despite terrible build quality (the neck is apparently plywood with a rosewood veneer fingerboard!) it's actually quite usable after some work.[/quote]

No worries if you want to take it. The youth group sounds more of a worthy cause than mine. :)