Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

basskit_case

On the 9th June 2010 I purchased a EB18 bass guitar, listing for the auction can be found [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400126147438&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_811wt_1139"]HERE.[/url]

I bought it for my son, however it was a slightly impulsive purchase as he is not due for arrival on this earth until 6th August 2010! As a result it seems likely that this may not get use for a good view years yet, so I might as well move it on.

The other factor in buying this rather than wait is that this is the mahogany version of the EB18 which is not seen that often.

The bass is in mint condition from when I bought it, I have used it for only a couple of minutes, to prove that all was in working order. The only thing to note is that the bass has some slight/surface indentations in the wood under the varnish on the back of the bass body, which was there when I bought it, I have taken pictures of the back of the bass, but they have not shown up on the picture. The bass comes with the original canvas gigbag.

Priced to sell at £79 delivered

Cheers

Mike

Edited by basskit_case

[quote name='derrenleepoole' post='905190' date='Jul 25 2010, 08:35 PM']I've got to ask, have you actually amplified this thing? And if so, how does it sound and play?[/quote]

Yeah, I briefly put it through my line6 110 when I first got it. I personally like the profile, size and weight of it, but then I love the neck on my Geddy Lee so thin necks are fine by me.

In terms of sound I didnt do much with it in terms of fiddling with the tone and the volume on it, but it sounds suprisingly good for what is a childs bass. I do find it awkward describing a bass sound but I think its a passable Precision style.

I use one for playing trad jazz - through a Pignose 30 battery amp!
Sounds amazingly okay for what it is. In fact when I broke my arm a couple of years ago this was the first bass
I used when getting back into playing, due to the extremely light weight which was kinder to my shoulder until I could
cope with my Stingray. Used through a GK amp, it was fine, sort of precision-y. The small dimensions can prove
a bit of a challenge, but whats not to like?!!

Withdrawn from here, moved it on to [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Tanglewood-EB18-Elfin-Childs-Bass-/230506650087?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35ab4459e7"]ebay[/url]

If no response there I can leave it in the loft for when it might be needed.