Why become a member? ×

please remove

fluffo

I have recently traded for a ebs hd 350 and ebs 4 10, which I love, I have also now got an ebs 2 10, both are 4 ohms.
The amp spec states a minimum 2 ohms which sounds right ie 2 x 4 ohms drops to 2 ohms, but on the back of the amp above the speaker outputs it says "speaker outputs 2 - 8 ohms"I thought maybe my amp is of an older design but it also says this on the new ones and on all spec details of any age amp.
I need to know prior to plugging them both in as It may not like it and I don't want to go changing again.

All relavent info much appreciated, come on boys tell me what you know.

fluffo over and out

Edited by fluffo

Youll be fine mate, it just means the amp can be ran from 8ohms to 2 ohms so your 2 cabs will be fine, giving you 450 watts, mines an old one as it says 8-4 ohms , fantastic amp though really love it EBS just need to make a pocket version - lol

Edited by lee650

[quote name='fluffo' post='897856' date='Jul 18 2010, 10:42 AM']I have recently traded for a ebs hd 350 and ebs 4 10, which I love, I have also now got an ebs 2 10, both are 4 ohms.
The amp spec states a minimum 2 ohms which sounds right ie 2 x 4 ohms drops to 2 ohms, but on the back of the amp above the speaker outputs it says "speaker outputs 2 - 8 ohms"I thought maybe my amp is of an older design but it also says this on the new ones and on all spec details of any age amp.
I need to know prior to plugging them both in as It may not like it and I don't want to go changing again.

All relavent info much appreciated, come on boys tell me what you know.

fluffo over and out[/quote]

Your thinking is correct. Basically what the amp is saying is run a load between 2 ohm and 8 ohm.

Your two 4 ohm cabs will give you 2 ohm overall... so plug em in and get playing!

The older hd350s only went to 4 ohm... but the newer ones are safe down to 2 ohm.

[quote name='lee650' post='897899' date='Jul 18 2010, 11:32 AM']Youll be fine mate, it just means the amp can be ran from 8ohms to 2 ohms so your 2 cabs will be fine, giving you 450 watts, mines an old one as it says 8-4 ohms on mine, fantastic amp though really love it EBS just need to make a pocket version - lol[/quote]

I know what you mean. Still waiting! :)

As a rough rule, the 350s with the black lettering on the blue background run down to 4. The ones with the white lettering which run down to 2 ohm.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='897903' date='Jul 18 2010, 11:35 AM']I know what you mean. Still waiting! :)

As a rough rule, the 350s with the black lettering on the blue background run down to 4. The ones with the white lettering which run down to 2 ohm.[/quote]
big big thanks to ebs freak thats relly cleared this up for me, mine has white writing on blue back ground so will assume this is a newer model.
I just traded my lmk mb and mb 4 x 10, wasn't sure if it was the right move but gigged the hd350 with one ebs cab the other night and was blown away, still tempted to get a td 650 tho, just to be greedy!!!!!