Why become a member? ×

Nordy VP4

giblett123

[quote name='antti' post='902826' date='Jul 23 2010, 09:08 AM']This kind of custom jazz: [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/27641282@N06/2611418874/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/27641282@N06/2611418874/[/url]
Next to my dear CB :)[/quote]
Nice! what is it? price drop!

Well, is is a handmade by Jorma Huttu (JH Guitars). He is a very small guitar manufacturer in Finland. After making some guitars one player asked him to make him a jazz bass. This was his first ever bass he made. Well, (lucky me) the first guy couldn't buy this one and I was looking a jazz bass for myself. I got my hands on this and it was just WOW. It has very strong acoustic sound and great quality and it just felt very good and solid bass.
At that time I tried few Fenders and MM's but nothing ever was even close.
I've been playing all our gigs and everything outside of my house with this bass. The setup is still at it was when I first set it and it is just great. later on I put Fender noiseless pickups in it and it just got better.
It is a bass that just came to me by accident, but it was a good one.

And this is not a joke. I am still wondering, how it is possible this bass is not already gone with this prize? This really is a good one. There is also one thing in this bass I really like. Only one pickup and vol and tone. First I got an active preamp in my CB. Well, I took it away with all the "extra" knobs and now there is only one Nordstrand left with vol and tone. Thats all I need.

And this is not a joke. I am still wondering, how it is possible this bass is not already gone with this prize? This really is a good one. There is also one thing in this bass I really like. Only one pickup and vol and tone. First I got an active preamp in my CB. Well, I took it away with all the "extra" knobs and now there is only one Nordstrand left with vol and tone. Thats all I need.

[quote name='antti' post='903314' date='Jul 23 2010, 03:58 PM']And this is not a joke. I am still wondering, how it is possible this bass is not already gone with this prize? This really is a good one. There is also one thing in this bass I really like. Only one pickup and vol and tone. First I got an active preamp in my CB. Well, I took it away with all the "extra" knobs and now there is only one Nordstrand left with vol and tone. Thats all I need.[/quote]
It is a beautiful bass, but I guess everyone is skint (me included), sign of the times! :)

Have you considered sending this to Mark at Bass Direct to sell for you? He will obviously want commission on top but he is the Nordy UK dealer and will probably sell this relatively easily for more money than you expect?
Just an idea. This bass has to be worth around £1200 second hand, if he sells it for that and you get £1000 everyones a winner!

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='903359' date='Jul 23 2010, 04:30 PM']Have you considered sending this to Mark at Bass Direct to sell for you? He will obviously want commission on top but he is the Nordy UK dealer and will probably sell this relatively easily for more money than you expect?
Just an idea. This bass has to be worth around £1200 second hand, if he sells it for that and you get £1000 everyones a winner!

Steve[/quote]
True, I've bought quite a bit of stuff off Mark & had thought about a PX deal, he has some really interesting stuff, I'll probably drop in and see him tomorrow and find out the scores on the doors.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it safely few days ago and I can tell, this is one hell of a bass. I really like it. Even the neck is little chunky, it is probably the most comfortable neck I have ever played. It has "natural" finish and it is as smooth as it could be. Haven't had a change to try it with my rig yet (Ampeg SVT-CL+Trace Elliot 1015H) but I believe it would be great. Thanks once more for Giblett123 for this excellent deal. Top guy to deal with and great bass! :)