Why become a member? ×

Nordstrand Basses

NJE

I was just having a browse at some high end bass manufacturer sites as you do, and came across these lovely looking things on the Nordstrand site, the white 5 string precision makes my knees go all wobbly. Don't really see much on here Nordstrand wise, lot of love for them on TalkBass though.

[attachment=54321:3_vp_web.jpg]
[attachment=54322:4_complete_web_000.jpg]
[attachment=54323:5_vp_web_000.jpg]
[attachment=54324:193_web.jpg]

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Veils' post='895781' date='Jul 15 2010, 05:56 PM']Red P and the Jazz are gorgeous and you won't often hear/see me praising Precisions![/quote]

Not to criticize the traditional looks but

is it for me. And, oh, I happen to own that bass now.

You can have it when you pry it out of my cold, dead, hands.

Edited by nobody's prefect

I'd like to try one of Carey's non J bass basses... I've tried the Nordy's and they have been a love/hate thing. I'll play one and I'd love it... play another... and well, it just didn't hit the spot. Can't take away from the guy though, his creations certainly look impressive.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='1025622' date='Nov 16 2010, 12:59 PM']I'd like to try one of Carey's non J bass basses... I've tried the Nordy's and they have been a love/hate thing. I'll play one and I'd love it... play another... and well, it just didn't hit the spot. Can't take away from the guy though, his creations certainly look impressive.[/quote]

Well, for me the traditional looks are a hate/hate thing. There's an NX5 bolt-on available, for the modest price of $3k if you're interested. Should be quite fantastic.