Why become a member? ×

Help!

hey guys, really hoping you can help me

the jack on my ibanez edb605 appears to have broken. it looks like one of the contacts in the socket has snapped and therefore it isn't making a proper connection when i put the lead in.

i need to find a replacement, but i don't really know where to find one from.

im wondering if one of you tech savvy bass geniuses would be able to help me out and point me in the right direction towards one.

i believe it is a stereo , and the bass is active if its any help.

ive posted some pictures, ive looked around and i can't seem to find one that looks the same :S

cheers in advance

[quote name='RockfordStone' post='893239' date='Jul 12 2010, 10:21 PM']hey guys, really hoping you can help me

the jack on my ibanez edb605 appears to have broken. it looks like one of the contacts in the socket has snapped and therefore it isn't making a proper connection when i put the lead in.

im wondering if one of you tech savvy bass geniuses would be able to help me out and point me in the right direction towards one.

ive posted some pictures, ive looked around and i can't seem to find one that looks the same :S

cheers in advance[/quote]

This ebay shop is great for price & fast delivery, if you can do the soldering? [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Connector-Jack-1-4-Chassis-Socket-Guitar-Stereo-SW-/190417696124?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c55c7757c"]Jack Socket[/url] they have plenty of other types, the one in the link is a stereo, I know nothing about your particular bass but most are mono out - do you use a stereo jack lead?
Cheers,
John

[quote name='KiOgon' post='895638' date='Jul 15 2010, 02:33 PM']This ebay shop is great for price & fast delivery, if you can do the soldering? [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Connector-Jack-1-4-Chassis-Socket-Guitar-Stereo-SW-/190417696124?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c55c7757c"]Jack Socket[/url] they have plenty of other types, the one in the link is a stereo, I know nothing about your particular bass but most are mono out - do you use a stereo jack lead?
Cheers,
John[/quote]

The output isn't stereo, but a stereo jack is used to switch the active circuit on when the mono jack is inserted.

I know I may be a little bit late but I would strongly suggest a barrel designed jack socket, such as this one.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Guitar-Bass-Chrome-Cylinder-Flush-Mount-Output-Jack-1-4-/350349859344?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item51927a9a10"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Guitar-Bass-Chrome-C...=item51927a9a10[/url]

It's much better than the standard design and you'll never have to worry about any slipping. Worked brilliantly on my bass. :)

[quote name='RockfordStone' post='893239' date='Jul 12 2010, 10:21 PM']hey guys, really hoping you can help me

cheers in advance[/quote]

That jack looks like the ones Peavey use in alot of their amps. Find a peavey dealer and order it through them, they're pretty good for getting parts off.
Cheers Just