Why become a member? ×

fender Marcus Miller US V

flychris

They're fantastic basses, although some still argue that the Pre is a bit harsh like on the Japanese 4 stringers. I've wanted one for years, and nearly got myself one once, but just missed out. The build quality on the one I've tried was superb, and to me it sounded totally sublime, and very similar to the also fantastic 4 stringers.

Second hand, I guess I'd be expecting to pay just under a grand for one if it was in nice condition, but I've seen them go for a tad over that.

it seems bu reading few oter forums that this MM V (US) is a very good bass and better in a lot of points compare to the Japan one.

Like the reissue american vintage 75 jazz bass, but witha string more and a good preamp in.
with custom vintage pickups etc ...

So, I will see by myself.

[quote name='Rich' post='893663' date='Jul 13 2010, 02:08 PM']You're in Reading, he's in Paris... somehow, I don't reckon he'll be taking you up on the offer of a demo :)[/quote]

I'm quite honored by the fact I could be taken for an english, seems that my "english language" is not so bad ... :rolleyes:

But, I will try one thursday in Paris and maybe take one, a swap of musical device.

Edited by flychris

[quote name='flychris' post='892999' date='Jul 12 2010, 04:45 PM']it seems bu reading few oter forums that this MM V (US) is a very good bass and better in a lot of points compare to the Japan one.

Like the reissue american vintage 75 jazz bass, but witha string more and a good preamp in.
with custom vintage pickups etc ...

So, I will see by myself.[/quote]

do that. as "for better than other one" - well, i can say that for MMiller sig.bass. otherwise, best jazz i ever owned is definately my MIJ Fender jazz bass.

Ok.
I ve got mine now and must admit it is a very good bass

I didn(t saw exactly how the preamp works but Now, I understood,
Only boost functions, no cut in this one ...
So preamp "ON" , but bass and treble OFF, you've got the sound of the bass as in passive mode.
But when you turn them, you ear the difference, and you can have a boost until +18 dB, so
is it to amplify sub-woofers ?

18 dB is too much in my Opinion, but sure you can have this wooomph under your feet if you want it !

Mine necessitated a setup, and now, it plays wonderfully, So I was thinking to resell it quickly but
maybe I will keep it a little, and maybe a lot for the future.

I would expect the bass to be boost only and the treble to be cut and boost...mirroring a Sadowsky pre and one MM made famous, IMV.
I agree that 18bd is way too much generally...

as for Albassman...

Numb nuts ?????... a bit OTT and uncalled for, I think.