Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic combo amps

DaveMuadDib

I'm still hunting for my ideal rig, and at the moment i'm on a collision course with an orange bass terror and rs212/rs210 stack, which I think will be awesome.

But in my travels, i've seen that tc do a combo amp, which seems essentially to be their RH450 crammed into the RS210 cab, and the pricetag seems to suggest nothing less. Has anyone had any experience with this piece of kit? Would it be worthwhile going for one of these and coupling it with the rs212 for a full rig, or would I be losing out somehow?

Obviously, i'd be losing flexibility and changeability, but it'd be so cool to have my amp built into my cab :-D

This is all hypothetical of course, as i'll probably stick with the orange, and if anyone is selling an RS210 let me know!! But it's worth considering down the road :)

If you refer to the BG500 210 (or 115) then yes. I received mine last week as I was lucky enough to win one from TC!

I have played the RH450 and thought it was 'OK'. The combo however is fantastic. It seems to be more sensitive to adjustments in volume and tone. The amount of volume on tap is absolutely crazy!

To my ear this is tonally much tighter than the head and cab as separates… maybe because that cabinet is specifically for it, but all round I am VERY impressed. Should have some sound samples this week.