Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yamaha RBX JM2 - John Myung 6-String - NOW SOLD!

james_guitar

This item has now been sold. Thanks for all the interest and enquiries from this forum :)

(I originally posted an advert for this a year and a half ago, but haven't been tempted by any offers for it so far).

I'm looking for £450 (and wont consider offers below this), but am currently looking for a lighter amp for my double bass, so would consider a sensible trade for a Mark Bass or similar amp with Neodynium speakers. I'm looking for pick-up only and live in the Weston-Super-Mare area (near Bristol).

As mentioned in the previous ad, I do all of my electric bass gigs on my Fender Jazz and 99 percent of my gigs this last year have been on the double bass, so this bass has been un-played for a long time now and is in perfect condition. This model is no longer in production so is becoming rare and is widely considered one of the best 6-String basses out there.

Here are some photos to wet your appetite... :rolleyes:

Edited by james_guitar

[quote name='Machines' post='892354' date='Jul 11 2010, 10:38 PM']If only it were wanting that was the issue, a lack of £450 is more the problem here ![/quote]

I'm unlikely to put it on eBay and may be holding on to it for a while, so feel free to message me in future and I may still have it for sale :rolleyes:

[quote name='pantherairsoft']Trade for a Yammy TRB1006?

I know... If you don't play one yammy, you won't play they other... But it can't hurt to ask!

Shep[/quote]

That's a nice offer, but I've decided that 6-strings just aren't for me. I don't think I'd even go for a 5-string :)

I'm definately still interested in trading for an amp though. Any offers?

Hey James!
Looking for an Amp head or cab? or both?

I have a nice fat warm sounding Ashdown Mag 300 (5th ever made :rolleyes: ) and 410 cab too,

with cash your way?

Just thinking about that as then i'd be ampless :lol:
and penniless :'(

reply via PM please?
mmy computer is acting up :)

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='901017' date='Jul 21 2010, 03:51 PM']been after one of these for yonks,

but i'm still undecided if i would like one or not or if i even like 6 strings anymore =/
eitehr way free double bump haha :rolleyes:[/quote]

hi Attitude,

Thanks for the message - it's been a while :)

Is it a neodymium speaker? I'm relatively happy with the Fender combo I've already got (it cost just over £1,000), but I need something a lot lighter...

• 2 months later...

[quote name='badboy1984' post='912308' date='Aug 1 2010, 10:24 PM']i may have money for this baby at mid september when i get paid along with my overtime paid, i consider this as a good upgrade instead of my peavey grind 6.[/quote]

It's still for sale if interested. I've just had an interesting offer for a Techamp neodynium 2x12 combo trade, but am still considering my options...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CHealy' post='992713' date='Oct 18 2010, 08:38 PM']I'm interested in this bass. I'm still waiting to get paid but if you still have it in about 3 or 4 weeks, I'll buy it from you.[/quote]

Okay, cool. If you send me a private message in a few weeks I'll let you know if I still have it.

• 1 month later...