Why become a member? ×

Hartke HA5500 Rack casing

Pow_22

i recently acquired a HA5500 and am looking to have it permanently stored in a flight case. Im asuming for this i need rack ears? anyone know where i can source them and any tips on actually flight casing it?

[quote name='Pow_22' post='880272' date='Jun 28 2010, 08:27 PM']i recently acquired a HA5500 and am looking to have it permanently stored in a flight case. Im asuming for this i need rack ears? anyone know where i can source them and any tips on actually flight casing it?[/quote]

I've racked mine. Try this. [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/hartke_rackmount_35005000.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/hartke_rackmount_35005000.htm[/url]

You have to buy 2 as they sell them singularly and most importantly WITHOUT screws. Hartke are having a laugh with that one. Who racks half an amp?!!

You could do what I do and complain directly to the Uk distributor that they're the best part of £25 per pair - they could send you the ones that attached the amp Jack Bruce was using to the rack for the Cream reunion concerts

No wait, I got those :brow:

[quote name='Delberthot' post='880569' date='Jun 29 2010, 01:29 AM']You could do what I do and complain directly to the Uk distributor that they're the best part of £25 per pair - they could send you the ones that attached the amp Jack Bruce was using to the rack for the Cream reunion concerts

No wait, I got those :brow:[/quote]

Funnily enough I did complain. I heard the tumbleweed go past as they didn't reply for some reason.

Out of interest, settings wise on the HA5500 it obviously has the high and low contour, never had an amp with these on before. I cant have a full play round (at volume) till our next rehearsal but what settings on these would you recommend? The sound i have is very deep (almost muddy) and sometimes the highs do suffer for this (amlost silence on riffs/fills etc) so im lookin to obviously smooth this out but i do want the highs to still sound ''bassy'' and ''deep''

[quote name='Pow_22' post='881452' date='Jun 29 2010, 10:43 PM']Out of interest, settings wise on the HA5500 it obviously has the high and low contour, never had an amp with these on before. I cant have a full play round (at volume) till our next rehearsal but what settings on these would you recommend? The sound i have is very deep (almost muddy) and sometimes the highs do suffer for this (amlost silence on riffs/fills etc) so im lookin to obviously smooth this out but i do want the highs to still sound ''bassy'' and ''deep''[/quote]

I'd leave the graphic flat then boost the low contour say to 6 and cut the high contour by the same amount. Try that then if you need to cut the 5kHz and above frequencies. Then boost about 250Hz a bit. Say 4dB. That should be a decent starter for 10 for you. Not the sound I use and you may have to have a fiddle as you play passive basses and I only play active basses. Though I think that'll be reasonable for you.