Why become a member? ×

Premium Rockbag for Gibson/Epi/Tokai Thunderbird bass

For sale: Warwick's premium (30mm padded) Rockbag for a Thunderbird, Buzzard or Beast bass. Hard to find in UK, so cost me £65 including shipping from Thomann in Germany (here's the listing [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/rockbag_rb20603b_plus_thunderbird_bassgigbag.htm)"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/rockbag_rb20603b_...bassgigbag.htm)[/url]. Makes a Thunderbird easy to carry to practices/gigs etc, especially when compared to the mightily heavy Gibson hard case.

Used once for a rehearsal, at which I decided the Thunderbird sounded great but was not for me due to narrow Jazz-type neck (the bass is now sold pending to a BC'er).

Bit awkward to ship due to size/shape, so handover in London would be better.

How's about £35 anyone, just over half new price for an immaculate as-new gigbag specially dsigned for your T'bird?

[attachment=52893:r.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Hi, thanks for reply. The thing is I don't have a box shaped even vaguely like this when doubled over, so to post would require some elaborate Heath Robinson type ensemble of bubble wrap. I would rather wait a few days and see if there's anyone willing to meet/collect. If not, then I will go the post route and its yours. Cheers Clarky

Stick it in a bin bag, it will be fine, I just sent a Incase Dub the same way.

But keep me up to date, I could do with the knowing the length of the case as if it's got a decent amount of protection then I wouldn't mind ordering 2 new.

Cheers

[quote name='Clarky' post='876078' date='Jun 24 2010, 06:07 AM']Hi, thanks for reply. The thing is I don't have a box shaped even vaguely like this when doubled over, so to post would require some elaborate Heath Robinson type ensemble of bubble wrap. I would rather wait a few days and see if there's anyone willing to meet/collect. If not, then I will go the post route and its yours. Cheers Clarky[/quote]

Maybe a bit overkill but i have a guitar box lying at work you can have if it helps.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='876600' date='Jun 24 2010, 04:58 PM']Maybe a bit overkill but i have a guitar box lying at work you can have if it helps.[/quote]
Thanks for the offer Dave. I've got a guitar box already but I was thinking that might mean exorbitant postage charges. I had best check ith PO

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='876645' date='Jun 24 2010, 05:30 PM']No worries, like I say if you don't want to ship it I'll just buy new ones.

Cheers[/quote]
OK, how about I package up and post to you for 35 plus whatever it costs with a max cost to you of £45 (ie I pay any excess)- sound fair? You can pay me once I have posted, as you are a longstandong BCer, and I will let you know the total. Deal? Cheers Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='876609' date='Jun 24 2010, 05:06 PM']Thanks for the offer Dave. I've got a guitar box already but I was thinking that might mean exorbitant postage charges. I had best check ith PO[/quote]

No problem. We do have some mail sacks here as well.
Might be better than a bin bag although i dont know how you would seal them up.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='876699' date='Jun 24 2010, 06:27 PM']If you flick me the length measurement then I'll just send you the £45 :) and you can send it the slowest ass royal mail service :rolleyes: and like I said just put it in a bin bag it's a case after all its only gonna get knocked about anyway.[/quote]

Nice one - am on my Blackberry now (taking break in band practice) so will get back to you later this evening with details

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='876699' date='Jun 24 2010, 06:27 PM']If you flick me the length measurement then I'll just send you the £45 :) and you can send it the slowest ass royal mail service :rolleyes: and like I said just put it in a bin bag it's a case after all its only gonna get knocked about anyway.[/quote]
PM'ed