Why become a member? ×

Doom

Mr. Foxen

Place [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=87692"]these[/url] atop

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=92303"]this,[/url] and [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=84381"]this[/url] along with [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=90386"]this[/url] and [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=92573"]this,[/url] stacked in pairs, on their sides, crossfired.

Just

imagine

that.

Then know it could be yours.

[topic="90065"]This[/topic] cab has to be the most 10" doom available in a single package, I am baffled as to why no-one's snapped it up at this price. I think people are wary of the modification and don't realise quite how good high-end PA bass drivers are compared to typical bass cab speakers - stiffer, lower distortion and SERIOUS excursion. This cab will shift several times the amount of air at the low-end that your typical Ampeg fridge will manage. Get it to fart out and you practically deserve a prize.
*And no it's not me selling it nor do I know the seller, but if I could find an excuse to fit an 8x10 into my life then this is what I'd choose above all else!

Edited by LawrenceH

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='875209' date='Jun 23 2010, 11:13 AM'][topic="90065"]This[/topic] cab has to be the most 10" doom available in a single package, I am baffled as to why no-one's snapped it up at this price. I think people are wary of the modification and don't realise quite how good high-end PA bass drivers are compared to typical bass cab speakers - stiffer, lower distortion and SERIOUS excursion. This cab will shift several times the amount of air at the low-end that your typical Ampeg fridge will manage. Get it to fart out and you practically deserve a prize.
*And no it's not me selling it nor do I know the seller, but if I could find an excuse to fit an 8x10 into my life then this is what I'd choose above all else![/quote]

One high end cab: Not Doom

"An 8x10": must try harder.

More is more.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='875225' date='Jun 23 2010, 11:28 AM']One high end cab: Not Doom

More is more.[/quote]

That cab is worth AT LEAST a pair of Ampegs. But I was merely suggesting it as an alternative option for your doom rig, rather than a replacement for the lot. Because more of more is even more.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='875225' date='Jun 23 2010, 11:28 AM']One high end cab: Not Doom

More is more.[/quote]

high end high wattage things aren't doom either unless their valve and from the 80s

Sorry people, but 8 * 10 is really no serious doom business. Have a look at my Personal Photo in my profile. These are my home-built 2 * 12 cabinets, 4 of them, which gives you 8 * 12.

These cabinets are [b]sealed[/b], but when playing the outdoor gig where the picture was taken, people sitting some 15 meters away from me said that the bass was overpowering the other instruments. My bootleg, recorded with a non-high-quality microphone positioned about 5 meters from the 'stage', has some serious bass-heavyness to it.

Forget about 10s. :)

Sorry about the ranting...

[quote name='7enderhead' post='875418' date='Jun 23 2010, 01:58 PM']Sorry people, but 8 * 10 is really no serious doom business. Have a look at my Personal Photo in my profile. These are my home-built [b]2 * 12[/b] cabinets, 4 of them, which gives you 8 * 12.

These cabinets are sealed, but when playing the [b]outdoor[/b] gig where the picture was taken, [b]people sitting some 15 meters away[/b] from me said that the bass was overpowering the other instruments. My bootleg, recorded with a non-high-quality microphone positioned about 5 meters from the 'stage', has some serious bass-heavyness to it.

Forget about 10s. :)

Sorry about the ranting...[/quote]

"outdoors": Not Doom.

4 separate cabs that are the same: Not Doom

"people" at your gig, enough to be 15 meters away, especially if they speak to you and you hear stuff other than "peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee": Not Doom.

Doom:

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='875429' date='Jun 23 2010, 02:05 PM']"outdoors": Not Doom.

4 separate cabs that are the same: Not Doom

"people" at your gig, enough to be 15 meters away, especially if they speak to you and you hear stuff other than "peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee": Not Doom.[/quote]

I begin to understand...

Still, are these 2 cabs in your pic? :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='875429' date='Jun 23 2010, 02:05 PM']"people" at your gig, enough to be 15 meters away, especially if they speak to you and you hear stuff other than "peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee": Not Doom.[/quote]

And surely enough, those 15 meters people talked to me after the concert... 'nuf said.