Why become a member? ×

Bass Whammy (£310) last price drop (sold 21/07/10)

testrat

For sale

Bass Whammy. Yep the original blue one that JC from Tool uses.

I bought this about a year or 18 months ago on ebay from the USA. It's been on my board which is why the bottom between the treads is covered in heavy duty velcro. didn't want someone to remove it from my board! I didn't cover the serial no tho.

I paid probably top money for it and had to import it for which privilege the tax man decided to charge me £80.

[s]So I'm going to list this for £500 including postage. UK buyers get preference and sensible offers will be considered.[/s]

[s]As per thread this is now up for £350 inc postage and offers will be considered, thanks[/s]

Last price drop £310 no offers

Thanks

Edited by testrat

[quote name='testrat' post='874605' date='Jun 22 2010, 05:25 PM']You guy/gals know what it is and probably have a better idea of what it's worth than me.[/quote]

Worth? Nowhere near £500, no effect is, but that's not the point with things like this (i.e. mainly this and the Deep Impact). It's worth what someone will pay for it, and this is the first time I can recall seeing one of these come up here so £500 seems as good a price as any to put on it. I fancy that you'll have much better luck internationally though, as I'm sure you're aware, especially the states. I guess now that you've put this out there you'll just have to see what bites :)

Looks to be in great condition by the way, you may want to add information about the original box/manual/power supply etc. though.

Good luck with the sale!

I had one of those a few years ago, couldn't find any use for it and put it on ebay - it went for £315 (much to my surprise ! )

The last time I saw one sold on ebay it went for, IIRC, £85 (again, a while ago).

So I have no idea what it might be worth :)

Paul.

[quote name='Toasted' post='875219' date='Jun 23 2010, 11:25 AM']I sold mine here for £150. £500 is mental. Sorry.

The way, IMO you'll get the best price is list it in ebay for some Justin Chancellor fan boi to pick it up.

Joe.[/quote]

I agree, Basschat is probably not the best place to sell it. I'm pretty sure you'll get your £500 on ebay!

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='875318' date='Jun 23 2010, 12:57 PM']Aren't we supposed to keep comments on pricing to PM?[/quote]
Indeed, normally. The reason I put my opinion in, and I assume the same reason that others have done so as well, is because he seemed to be looking for a little advice in his second post.

[quote name='umph' post='875257' date='Jun 23 2010, 01:04 PM']i've seen some go for up to 800 on ebay, the prices have been getting nuts lately[/quote]
i also watch those crazy(?) prices, BUT did they really sell for that price?
most of the time those auctions with high starting prices or "buy it now"
end with 0 bids.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='875309' date='Jun 23 2010, 01:48 PM']I agree, Basschat is probably not the best place to sell it. I'm pretty sure you'll get your £500 on ebay![/quote]
yes, i agree ... go for ebay and sell it international, maybe Justin of TOOL
will buy it as a backup pedal. my guess: 420 GPB maximum.

i also have a brand new in a box whammy .... this thread makes me
digging for gold ..... but i will keep it till prices go up to 1.000 U$.

Edited by bass_ennyday

Is it worth £500, no defo not but as people point out its worth entirely what people will pay for it so maybe the seller will get the £500, maybe not. Frankly I think its a crazy price but i've seen them go for crazy prices. The last few i've watched on ebay have went around the £300 - £350 mark so I think the seller is pricing a little high.

Perhaps a BC discount might actually encourage a sale on this forum.

To those breaking forum protocol and discussing pricing in a sensible way cheers. I did put a speculative price on this expecting some PM's with offers. So was being naughty myself.

I bought this prob 18 months ago and have had my fun with it. So it's time to move it on and let someone else have a go on what is bass pedal history or should that be myth.

I was hopeful that when i sold this it would stay in the UK and i wouldn't have to use evilbay. Looks like i may be wrong on both counts.

So taking Absolutpepper's advice here is the revised price

£350 including appropriate fast shipping. Offers excepted but i will only be relying to the sensible ones

and after this if still got the fun and games of selling a markbass 106HR 6 by 10" cab due to chage of company car. Oh joy!

[quote name='testrat' post='875731' date='Jun 23 2010, 07:02 PM']To those breaking forum protocol and discussing pricing in a sensible way cheers. I did put a speculative price on this expecting some PM's with offers. So was being naughty myself.

I bought this prob 18 months ago and have had my fun with it. So it's time to move it on and let someone else have a go on what is bass pedal history or should that be myth.

I was hopeful that when i sold this it would stay in the UK and i wouldn't have to use evilbay. Looks like i may be wrong on both counts.

So taking Absolutpepper's advice here is the revised price

£350 including appropriate fast shipping. Offers excepted but i will only be relying to the sensible ones

and after this if still got the fun and games of selling a markbass 106HR 6 by 10" cab due to chage of company car. Oh joy![/quote]

Thats a fair price, have a bump on me. Good luck with the sale.

£350 in your pocket and a feeling of good will to all BCer's or £500 in your pocket and a feeling of £500 in your pocket?

I know what most would do when it comes to that sort of money. It is as I'm sure most will agree, always worth posting things on Basschat at "mates rates", that is part of what keeps this forum alive. You get good deals and you give good deals, but, sometimes you have to look after number one. With that said, I'll give you fifteen quid for it cash? :)

Indeed but once you take the rip off ebay fees into consideration it's not as big a difference and actually i'd rather it went to someone who knows what it is and will use it. I know i did.

On which note one last drop

£310 no offers

Cheers