Why become a member? ×

Now Sold - USA Fender Jazz V DLX Anniversary

JPJ

Here we have my USA Fender Jazz five string which I’ve owned for about the last six/seven years. The bass is the 1996 Anniversary DLX model which I have upgraded with Hipshot Ultralite tuners, Schaller strap locks and a J-Retro active circuit. The bass is finished in a interesting red colour which has a darker band around the edge (like a sunburst) and has a mother of pearl type scratchplate. The neck is narrow for a five string (what attracted me in the first place) and is reasonably light weight and comfortable to play. The bass comes with a Bass Centre Hiscox moulded flight case.

Again, the bass is well played though the battle scars on this one are limited to four ugly chips on the bottom edge of the bass (probably from an unprotected guitar stand).

Pricewise, as is with the Hipshots and J-Retro, I’m looking for £600 (including the original Fender tuners and active circuit). In original config, I’m looking for £450.

Delivery will be extra, but I will be prepared to meet up / deliver up to 100 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne free of charge.

Any questions, please ask.

Edited by JPJ

In response to a few requests, here's some further pictures of the bass.

The case

Body front

Headstock front

Headstock back

Body back

Chips on lower edge (back)

Chips on upper edge (back)

Chip on upper edge (front)

Chip on lower edge (front)

'Bruise' on neck behind second fret

Messy repair to strap button hole / small chip

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='876018' date='Jun 23 2010, 11:42 PM']I had one of these for 2 years; same colour, though mine had an EBS pre in it.. Really nice bass! :)

Good luck with the sale..[/quote]

Cheers,

They are really nice basses, and since advertising it on here I've been playing it again, maybe I should ignore the GAS god's and keep her?

• 2 months later...

[quote name='dead' post='936699' date='Aug 26 2010, 07:37 AM']Hi

I would like some more infos :

which wood is the body made of ?
do you have photos of the original tuners ? are they the same as the hipshots or are they the big fender ones ?[/quote]

Hi Dead,

I'm not sure what wood the body is made from, possibly Alder?

The original tuners are exactly the same as the Hipshots, except they are chrome plated and weight slightly more!

Cheers

Kev

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

[quote name='MikeBass' post='1352851' date='Aug 26 2011, 06:32 PM']dont usually like red bodies but that's really nice and, as I'm looking to upgrade my OLP MM 5 string to an active jazz model, I'm very tempted.
PM'd you.[/quote]

PM replied

[quote name='funkle' post='1353141' date='Aug 26 2011, 10:36 PM']How much does it weigh?[/quote]

I'm not sure, but I'll weigh it tomorrow and get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='MikeBass' post='1372682' date='Sep 13 2011, 11:29 PM']cheers Kev,
good to meet you and thanks again - bass sounds awesome!!![/quote]

Good to meet you too, pleased your happy and she's gone to a good home