Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Spector Rex Brown 5 String -SOLD

JPJ

I recently bought this from respected Basschat member and Spector authority NickSpector. I have spent a bit of dosh and some elbow grease to return the bass to the factory original config of EMG Hz pickups with EMG two band active eq. I’ve also added Schaller strap locks and removed the stick on MOP fret markers.

As you can see from the photographs, the bass is in trans black finish (See through quilted maple top, solid back and sides) and is the five string variant of the Rex Brown (Pantera / Down). Its from Spector’s Korean factory and is neck through construction.

The bass is well played, and has a few cosmetic battle scars including a bit of pick rash on the front and some light scratches on the back. None of the scratches are through the finish and may polish out with t-cut or similar.

The bass comes with the fitted Spector case (shown in the pictures).

I’m looking for £450, delivery will be extra, but I will be prepared to meet up / deliver up to 100 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne free of charge. Not interested in trades (unless you have an Overwater J series five string).

Any questions, please ask.

Edited by JPJ

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='shaundixon666' post='883700' date='Jul 2 2010, 09:34 AM']oh my If I had the cash :S

Have a bump on me for an excellect looking bass.[/quote]

Cheers Shaun, it is a stunner in the flesh!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='886040' date='Jul 5 2010, 08:37 AM']No interest in my trade offer?[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but I'm really after cold hard cash for this one as I have something inbound that needs paying for!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still for sale :)

I have really tried to like this bass but I guess I'm just too old for the low down gunslinger look

Played her again last night and while she sounds great, I just can't get away with the body size/shape.

Open to sensible offers, i will throw in the brand new uber long leather strap and strap locks i bought for her. Why not buy this and Cetera's and have matching 4 & 5 strings :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...