Why become a member? ×

Peavey Millenium BXP 5 string

yorick

Went into PMT last night, and picked up Peavey Millenium BXP 5 string. Had a quick noodle acoustically, and the bass felt great, neck-wise etc. Didn't get to plug it in. Obviously it was a lefty, and only £219. I'm not familiar with Peavey stuff, so... Opinions please. :)

I have a Peavey Cirrus V BXP and it's pretty damn good for the money.

No complaints about the pre although if you can lay hands on the MIA Millenium pre with the semi-parametric mids, it's (almost) a straight fit & well worth it, so I'm told.

Neck is great, frets are good, tone is just fine for me. Mine has the 35" scale so low B is pretty decent too - what's not to like?

Enjoy it. They are good value for the money.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

I've got a 5 string Grind BXP. Got it a few years ago to serve as main gigging bass, give the Wal a bit of a rest. Picked up on ebay with hard case when looking for a good, solid and reliable 5. natural finish with thru neck, rosewood 'board. It's a lovely piece of kit, and I'm gunna miss it as it's now up for sale.

The build and quality of Peavey basses isn't bad, I've played a few bad ones but the new models seem quite well put together.
At the end of the day, if its built and plays right your spot on, cause electronics CAN be changed if need be...Wood is a little harder.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='869324' date='Jun 16 2010, 06:54 PM']I have a Peavey Cirrus V BXP and it's pretty damn good for the money - I payed £220 for mine & my only crib is that the 'Blend' knob really doesn't.

G.[/quote]

I remember when I played that when I came to test the RD out...I got confused!
It's not a "blend" at all, but more a switch in dial form haha...
Real nice feel tho and I love the contoured pickups.

• 1 month later...

Many posts refer to the Millennium BXP basses as if they were ALL built Active. Not the case!

-Passive 4 string, and a passive 5 string built with a basswood body (3 knobs).
-Active 4 string, and a active 5 string built with an agathis body (5 knobs).

My passive M BXP Fiver was defretted by a qualified guy, and is a joy to play.

Edited by Stacatto