Why become a member? ×

Bergantino advice

CHRISDABASS

[quote name='51m0n' post='869029' date='Jun 16 2010, 02:58 PM']...
Dont think anyone can comment on whether or not a DB212 will be better or worse until they've compared the 2. The DB series are supposed to be ace cabs, but the Bergs are still the ones that get the "creme de la creme" tag and associated GAS from me :)[/quote]

I didn't want to imply that the Aguilar is superior to the Berg. I know that there can only be a handful of people who tried an AE212 prototype.

My point was to the OP, that I prefer 12" speakers over 10" speakers (AE212 vs AE410).

I played different Aguilar GS112/NT/212 for a long time.
Then I switched to Sadowsky/Bergantino HS410 & HS210 follwing the hype with the SA200 tube amp.
That did not work for me at all.

So I am back to Aguilar 12" (db112 & db212, this time).
I am glad I came back to 12"

Edited by gillento

[quote name='gillento' post='869642' date='Jun 17 2010, 08:07 AM']I didn't want to imply that the Aguilar is superior to the Berg. I know that there can only be a handful of people who tried an AE212 prototype.

My point was to the OP, that I prefer 12" speakers over 10" speakers (AE212 vs AE410).

I played different Aguilar GS112/NT/212 for a long time.
Then I switched to Sadowsky/Bergantino HS410 & HS210 follwing the hype with the SA200 tube amp.
That did not work for me at all.

So I am back to Aguilar 12" (db112 & db212, this time).
I am glad I came back to 12"[/quote]

As you know, my experience was similar to this. It's a pain because in the end you come back to what you originally had, or at least similar.