Why become a member? ×

Vox AC30 top-boost combo, 1991

Havng gone a bit overboard on the bass-GAS recently, looking to shift some gear that's getting home use only, so I'd be grateful if you could sound out your guit*rist buddies about this baby.

Always done a bit of rhythm playing, always coveted one of these amps, had this last year off the guitarist from one of my old bands. He was without a doubt the fussiest guy for looking after his gear I've ever known; this was regularly serviced, valve-changed, covered between gigs etc etc with the result it's pretty much in new condition despite being nearly 20 years old.

All guitarists know what these do, so check the reviews. This is one of the last UK models before they switched production to the Far East, and there's absolutely no comparison between the two.

Heavy, so I'd much prefer local pickup (I'm near Swansea, S Wales). One exactly the same but in worse nick just went on ebay for £671 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160437726902) I'm asking £500, not really looking to take less or trades.

cheers, Greg :)

Edited by Shaggy

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' post='866648' date='Jun 14 2010, 12:05 AM']Looks in lovely nick. Are those speakers the originals? I'd have expected Blues or G12Ms.

Have a bump.[/quote]

No idea TBH! I'll ask the guy I had it from, as he bought it new

• 4 months later...

[quote name='hagguy' post='1009758' date='Nov 2 2010, 04:31 PM']what kind of stuff might interest you for trades?[/quote]

Mainly the folding beer-tokens, but always interested in vintage / interesting bass & guitar gear, also mandolins. A decent old Les Paul or Strat would be nice, but of course I'd have to chip in more than I've likely got just now

• 4 weeks later...