Why become a member? ×

Expression ? Tap Tempo ?

danny-79

Just a quick question.
I'm currently using a Marshall Eco-Head Delay , just wondering what kind of expression pedal would be good to go with it, what type etc
Was thinking this could be used like a hold function maby ?

Seen this on the bay : [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270588890078&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

thanks in advance.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='862966' date='Jun 10 2010, 09:41 AM']I didn't think it had a hold function? That would do for tap tempo I think[/quote]

You are correct, just had a look an there is an input marked "Tap Tempo" what is it for ? got a rough idea but not to sure.
(Marshall Eco-Head if you are familiar with the effect)

yeh I have one. Tap tempo means you set the rate or tempo of the delays by tapping. On some pedals you have a little tep tempo button to do with your finger, but the echohead has a tempo tempo input for a momentary footswitch so you can tap with your foot!

[quote name='danny-79' post='863622' date='Jun 10 2010, 07:18 PM']Thanks all for replies, makes sense now. (kind of) so with the tap tempo foot switch, would that mean i could change the delay rate/time as an when needed ? , like by remote kind of thing ?[/quote]

Yep, and have it perfectly in sync with the music, even if you have an excitable drummer. Just tap your foot on the switch to the beat and repeat when the music tempo changes.