Why become a member? ×

speaker issues!!!!

exup1000

hello

ok here's my problem ive got a trace 1048 with 75w celestions in it,now this might sound wierd but please keep reading.we have a cat and have been having problems with a tom cat even though i've changed the cat flap to an infa red one.he came in last night and sprayed up my cab !!!!! and i can see it on the dust cover of the speaker and it smells bad.im letting it dry out but i dont want to use if its going to be pushing smells out??im pretty sure there's nothing i can clean it with as i'll damage the cone around it.what can i do?i have looked around for a new speaker but if i change one i'll all and its not the cheapest.if i was to replace all four is there any recomendations out there

any help is much appreciated

curtis

[quote name='crez5150' post='861308' date='Jun 8 2010, 06:22 PM'].22 Air rifle...... or Screwdriver.... your choice :)[/quote]
my misses is a lover not a fighter but i've said to her if i did ever catch it someone out there would be minus their pet (or bits of it)by the time i'd be finished with it.

i've just gently baby wiped the the dust cover over and over again i figured that it cant make it any worse and it smell alot better.now i'll leave it and check on it tomorrow

If it still smells once it's dried out, stand the cab on its back and sprinkle a good layer of bicarbonate of soda onto the cone. Leave it there overnight (or longer if you can) then suck it up with a vacuum cleaner. Should take the smell with it. If the cab's carpeted, try Febreze, but don't get any on the cones.

A

[quote name='Alien' post='861690' date='Jun 9 2010, 12:17 AM']If it still smells once it's dried out, stand the cab on its back and sprinkle a good layer of bicarbonate of soda onto the cone. Leave it there overnight (or longer if you can) then suck it up with a vacuum cleaner. Should take the smell with it. If the cab's carpeted, try Febreze, but don't get any on the cones.

A[/quote]
thanks for that i'll give it'll go as its still there not as strong as before.on a brighter note while i was in speaker mode yesterday i stripped out my little practice amp that kicks around the front room and ive built it into the bottom of my tv/bookcase/wood store unit i built out of mdf with teak worktop i built a while ago to keep the misses happy so now it houses the modified combi tucked away behind its own door