Why become a member? ×

810 v.s 2 410's

bigevilman

I've tried the SVT 8x10 and loved them, however i tried the SVT4x10HLF and enjoyed the thickness and wooly deep bass tones more....so i bought two HLF's and have the flexibilty of using just one at smaller gigs, the sound i use is a wall of bass-ideal for my reggae. Sounds amazing with my SVT pro 4 too. :)

I owned a modern 810E (Ampeg) for about 9 months. It sounded pretty lame at low volume levels. When I bought the Aguilar cabs, my ears suddenly starting hearing so much more!

I vote for two 4x10s. One 8x10 is a real pain to move unless you have friends who will help all the time/live in a house/can store it safely in a practice room/have a big enough van.

As with most gear, it was the 'hype' from seeing bands that made me get an 8x10. I didnt like it.

My advice? If you want a powerhouse cabinet, get a stunning 4x10 (4 ohm) or something like the Berg NV610. Youd be surprised at what the TC RS cabs can do; its the height advantage that makes them sound HUGE.