Why become a member? ×

Breaking My Fender Jazz Bass ***EVERYTHING SOLD***

I'm thinking of breaking up my bitsa Jazz bass.

The body is from 1987 and has gone a very lovely creamy yellow colour, it has dings and scratches and some slight mottling on the back, none of this isn't a bad thing as it looks great. comes with the pickguard, control plate and knobs £175 sent by Hermes [color="#FF0000"]***SOLD***[/color]

Delano JMVC4FE M2 pickups like new with original box, screws and foam £120 posted a bit less if you want to collect or meet in central London or Luton. [color="#FF0000"]***SOLD***[/color]

Gotoh 201 bridge, like new £22 posted. [color="#FF0000"]***SOLD***[/color]

Cheers

R.

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='852083' date='May 30 2010, 08:20 PM']What are you planning for the neck?[/quote]

The necks is a tricky one and the reason I haven't listed it is I don't really know what it's worth, It's a Japanese one I imported with a satin rather then hi gloss finish to it, when it arrived it had a ding in the back of an otherwise excellent neck. I was thinking it might be better to Ebay this but if you want to see pics let me know.

Cheers

R.

[quote name='Rumple' post='852371' date='May 31 2010, 09:31 AM']The necks is a tricky one and the reason I haven't listed it is I don't really know what it's worth, It's a Japanese one I imported with a satin rather then hi gloss finish to it, when it arrived it had a ding in the back of an otherwise excellent neck. I was thinking it might be better to Ebay this but if you want to see pics let me know.

Cheers

R.[/quote]
I wouldn't mind seeing some pics if you have them.

As I say the ding makes it hard to put a price on this hence me thinking Ebay is the best way forward.

[attachment=51048:whole_neck.jpg]
[attachment=51049:headstock.jpg]
[attachment=51050:ding.jpg]

[quote name='Etienne' post='852689' date='May 31 2010, 03:10 PM']The body looks great! Do you know how much it weighs?[/quote]

It's a lovely colour I wish my JO5 was this colour.

Sorry I have no idea what the body weighs.

R.

[quote name='Rumple' post='852774' date='May 31 2010, 05:23 PM']As I say the ding makes it hard to put a price on this hence me thinking Ebay is the best way forward.[/quote]
Thanks for the pics, and no offence, but that ding does look slightly unpleasant. Is it as bad as it looks?

Given that I'm not desperate I probably wouldn't go for that.

No offence taken, it doesn't look so bad in the flesh and you don't really notice it too much when playing but none the less it's ugly and if you are in no rush it's worth hanging on for a mint one.

[quote name='Commando Jack' post='854785' date='Jun 2 2010, 01:03 PM']I might be interested in the tuners if you'd consider bringing them off the neck?

If that's a possiblity, what size are they?[/quote]

Thanks for the enquiry, sorry but the tuners will go with the neck.