Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gnomes in the Attic seller cuts to the chase!

warwickhunt

[quote name='ped' post='93426' date='Nov 23 2007, 05:23 PM']I don't fully understand what is going on here but this strikes me as a funny way of getting attention.[/quote]

He's trying to 'name & shame' tune-o-matic without naming to avoid possible legal action. Basically he says he was sold a poor refinish for the price of a 100% original.

Hamster

[quote name='bassaussie' post='93647' date='Nov 24 2007, 09:07 AM']I've seen these auctions for months now, and I've always wondered what the truth was. Do any of the Fender experts have an opinion?[/quote]

Many of us have seen images of the offending areas and it clearly isn't original... as to who is to blame!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='93661' date='Nov 24 2007, 09:39 AM']Many of us have seen images of the offending areas and it clearly isn't original... as to who is to blame![/quote]

What ..... is there a suggestion that the guy who's running these auctions may've doctored the bass? And what about the finish? Is there a chance that he's correct? I do find the part about Tune-O-Matic not having the details of who he bought it from to be a bit suspect.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='93675' date='Nov 24 2007, 10:34 AM']What ..... is there a suggestion that the guy who's running these auctions may've doctored the bass? And what about the finish? Is there a chance that he's correct? I do find the part about Tune-O-Matic not having the details of who he bought it from to be a bit suspect.[/quote]

No I'm not suggesting that the buyer doctored the bass. In previous discussions about this particular instrument it's been pointed out that there is paint over-spray that clearly couldn't have originated at the factory (over some masking tape or some such like). All I was pointing out is that I am well aware that there are 2 sides to every story and whilst evidence produced appears to place all blame on the US seller, at no point has that person responded. I concede that could be an acceptance of guilt but I don't know whether the buyer and seller have had other communication that we aren't privvy to... just playing devils advocate! If the US seller really has no details of whom he bought it from that really is unacceptable for a registered trader.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='93796' date='Nov 24 2007, 03:44 PM']No I'm not suggesting that the buyer doctored the bass. In previous discussions about this particular instrument it's been pointed out that there is paint over-spray that clearly couldn't have originated at the factory (over some masking tape or some such like). All I was pointing out is that I am well aware that there are 2 sides to every story and whilst evidence produced appears to place all blame on the US seller, at no point has that person responded. I concede that could be an acceptance of guilt but I don't know whether the buyer and seller have had other communication that we aren't privvy to... just playing devils advocate! If the US seller really has no details of whom he bought it from that really is unacceptable for a registered trader.[/quote]

Cool. Hey, don't take my questions wrong - I honestly don't know anything about these auctions other than that I keep seeing them on Ebay. Just trying to catch up on what info's available, so thanks for doing that!!