Why become a member? ×

Feelgood Bass line

Flanker

I am really enjoying the new Corinne Bailey Rae album. After seeing her on Jools last week I downloaded it. At the moment I am well into 'Paris Nights New York Mornings' - I just love the way the bass sounds and it's a real fun line to play IMO.

Does anyone know who the bassplayer is? I think he was playing an Ibanez bass? Looked nice.

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='851666' date='May 30 2010, 10:13 AM']Shame when an artist of her calibre doesn't have band credits on her website - I agree, lovely track.[/quote]

Afaik, alot of the bass playing on the record was played by Steve Chrisanthou. Well it was on the early demos. He her producer and is mainly a guitarist but can always laydown a solid groove. He's my uncles best mate so i can get the name of the bassist playing with here live & find out who recorded the studio work but may take a couple of days :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote]Shame when an artist of her calibre doesn't have band credits on her website[/quote]

In her defence I downloaded the digital booklet for her original album and the band are credited on there. In fact she calls Kenny Higgins 'the best bass player on earth....'

It's been years since I played someone's records 'to death' but I am loving these albums - I really would like to play this sort of stuff in a band - finding a singer might be tricky!

Wife says.......'you're infatuated with that Corinne Bailey Rae' - she's getting jealous!