Why become a member? ×

Status TE T-Bass

BarnacleBob

Well now, managed to give up my Overwater Perception so while the balance of my mind is disturbed I am hoping to find this a new home.
My personal favourite for many years it has now been usurped by a shiny Status Streamline courtesy of Owen.

Good condition overall but for 2 major cosmetic flaws which in no way affect the awesome sound but I feel I have reflected fairly in the price.

1. Chipping to the lower neck pocket see photo
2. Cracked scratchplate see photo - being black on black not as noticeable at any distance - new one from Rob at Status £30 though you have to send him the old one as a template as the new T-basses (£1900 BTW) are v slightly different.

Two volume, bass and treble (+/-12dB) 9v actives, huge output, 3rd hum-cancelling pup, active bypass switch, nice modern touches angled headstock and mono-rail bridges.

Sounds great, lovely fat bottom thru to plenty of slappy top-end

Lovely thin neck, fast and very playable. no front fret markers but side dots.

I love the really thin neck ( i have small hands being only a little feller) though I feel this does accentuate the already huge body - though I am sure it is no bigger than most jazzes - closest i have came to replacing this was a Fender dlx Jazz with QMT which had a slightly scaled down body.

No major bumps or scrapes other than mentioned but difficult to photograph black.

£500 with Warwick Hard Case including delivery to UK mainland.

Any question please ask.

BB

Edited by BarnacleBob