Why become a member? ×

FS Westone Thunder 1a £100

cocco

I'm having a bit of a clear out to fund a new P-bass so unfortunatly this, and a few others have to go.

Early 80s Matsumoku factory built Westone Thunder 1a with the old style logo. 1 refers to the number of pickups and a refers to the active preamp.
Model P clone pickup, 18v switchable active preamp.
Controls are Volume, passive tone, active treble/bass boost. The two switches bring the active part of the pre in and out and control coil tap if you want it
Fast J-style neck
Bolt on construction gives a real P-bass tone.
Bass balances nicely on or off a strap.
Brass fender style bridge (works better than the bent bit of tin)

Good bits.
Neck, body and fingerboard are in very good condition.
All electronics are fully functioning
Intonation is good, neck is straight and true.
Build quality is excellent as you'd expect from a matsumoku.
Bass has had recent set up and Rotos.

Not so good bits.
Pickup cover needs replacing, this doesnt affect playabilty at all, just a cosmetic issue more than anything.
Heads of control cavity screws are a bit rounded, I havnt had any need to go in there but they'll be easy enough to remove I reckon.
Tuners aren't original.
Control knobs aren't original (Gibson style 'speed' knobs)
I'm at a loss for anything else

Comes with gig bag, pickup prefered but postage at buyers cost possible. Try before you buy welcome. First to play will buy. Pics to follow or via email on request. Type westone Thunder 1a into you tube to hear it, video posted by the previous owner.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/jtolley89#p/a/u/1/u1hXXfPSMo8"]http://www.youtube.com/user/jtolley89#p/a/u/1/u1hXXfPSMo8[/url]

there the link to the demo

Cocco is great to deal with, and the bass is a real steal!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the bump FlatEric. If you still have that next time I have disposable income I'm on it like a rash. I know a certain guitarist who would get very annoyed at me for aquireing it and its such a curious thing. I'd love to know how it stacks up against something with, well, a body :)

Egg, Beans, Chips and a BUMP!

[quote name='tom1946' post='867316' date='Jun 14 2010, 07:20 PM']I've just read all that and then watched the demo to find it's a leftie??

Or is it all done with mirrors? :)[/quote]

Built in cameras for video chat shenanigans reverse the picture, cause you expect the pic on your screen to be like a mirror.