Why become a member? ×

No bass for a week, not good!

iconic

We are buying a house this week, maybe, hopefully, but after 3 letdowns I can't get too excited, but we are most definately out of the house we are in at the moment this weekend!

.....we have had to leave all our worldly goods scattered around the south east just in case all falls thru again, and this includes the basses and amp.....I then realised I haven't really had a proper week off from the them in over a year, I even took them trail riding to Wales for the evenings entertainment..how sad am I?

I can tell you it's been a terrible experience...I find myself in bed with the IPod playing the basslines of my favorite tunes..... I gota say perfectly as well, never miss a note!

.....what I should of done was a get a mini bass to play on, sorta like a bass banjo...4 string though...something small I could thwak around on..do they exist?

I haven't touched a bass for two weeks. As a non-gigging multi-instrumentalist I go hot & cold on some instruments occasionally, but that's the most I've been off the bass since I bought that one about 16 months ago.

What I find frustrating is our annual holiday - the wife bans ANY instrument! (to be honest there isn't room with 4 kids and all gear in a single vehicle).

You could have done with one of those tiny Ashbory basses, they are supposed to be really good:

[quote name='Golchen' post='847208' date='May 25 2010, 09:30 AM']I haven't touched a bass for two weeks. As a non-gigging multi-instrumentalist I go hot & cold on some instruments occasionally, but that's the most I've been off the bass since I bought that one about 16 months ago.

What I find frustrating is our annual holiday - the wife bans ANY instrument! (to be honest there isn't room with 4 kids and all gear in a single vehicle).

You could have done with one of those tiny Ashbory basses, they are supposed to be really good:

[/quote]

is that on a stand? :lol:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :) Or take up Harmonica. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bilbo' post='847307' date='May 25 2010, 11:09 AM']It will do you good. When you get back your enthusiasm will have grown and you will return to practice with renewed vigour. A day off every now and then is good for the soul and helps you keep things in perspective.[/quote]

Totally agree with that!
Also very wierd but every time I go on holiday i seem to have improved by the time i get back after not picking up the instrument for a week!
Whats all that about!!
Probably because i spend most of the time listening to music instead of trying to play it.

[quote name='Golchen' post='847208' date='May 25 2010, 09:30 AM']You could have done with one of those tiny Ashbory basses, they are supposed to be really good:[/quote]
They're excellent. Plus a headphone amp, or maybe a Tascam bass trainer.

Well I'm currently on holiday and won't be able play any bass until I'm back home on the weekend and I always see a bit of time off as a chance to step back from all the stuff I've been playing to reassess and then refocus on what I need and want to do next. My girlfriend used to hate me for always having to find a music shop on holiday and have a noodle on a bass, which was always dissapointing as the basses in the shop were never as nice as my bass at home... now I actually enjoy having a break and don't worry about it, it just take ma an hour or two of playing to get my chops back!

M

PS I'm up with my two year old Ben, hence the early hour of my post...