Why become a member? ×

Alembic Orion 5.

giblett123

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='845714' date='May 23 2010, 01:21 PM']A real nice 5, the 34" scale length works really well, particularly if you are not used to playing fives. Great bass.[/quote]
cheers guys, she is a beaut, the pics don't really do her justice, the bass is immaculate, has to be played to be believed!

[quote name='BigJim' post='846338' date='May 24 2010, 10:55 AM']What's the weight of this beauty?[/quote]
Not sure but I'll jump on the bathroom scales when I get in, there is a fair bit of wood involved hear so I suspect it will be north of the 10lb mark.

[quote name='giblett123' post='846648' date='May 24 2010, 04:54 PM']Not sure but I'll jump on the bathroom scales when I get in, there is a fair bit of wood involved hear so I suspect it will be north of the 10lb mark.[/quote]
Just over 10.5 lbs so not a light weight but it is very well balanced.

[quote name='giblett123' post='847122' date='May 25 2010, 05:39 AM']Just over 10.5 lbs so not a light weight but it is very well balanced.[/quote]

I have tried this bass. It is comfortable, and its tone and looks are magnificent !

Edited by loweringthetone

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='848518' date='May 26 2010, 02:29 PM']Yep, me too. Nice player. Well balanced, doesn't feel the wrong side of ten though.[/quote]
Nope, its really well balanced, no neck dive etc, I have a frozen shoulder & can still play ok with it, strap wise I'm using a chepo levi which is comfy(ish) I'd like to get something wide and soft leather but can't find anything anywhere so if anybody knows where they can be picked up drop me a line!

[quote name='giblett123' post='848708' date='May 26 2010, 05:18 PM']Nope, its really well balanced, no neck dive etc, I have a frozen shoulder & can still play ok with it, strap wise I'm using a chepo levi which is comfy(ish) I'd like to get something wide and soft leather but can't find anything anywhere so if anybody knows where they can be picked up drop me a line![/quote]

TR Music in walsall have a load of nice leather stuff