Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried the new MXR Evelope Filter yet?

molan

I keep seeing ads for this on TalkBass and quite fancy trying one out. I use the MXR Auto-Q at the moment which generally does what I need but I'm assuming the fact they've bought out another envelope type pedal means the new one must sound different?

Looks quite cool too:

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='845302' date='May 22 2010, 07:33 PM']according to the MXR / dunlop rep, there won't be any in this country until at least november, and the retail will be in the region of £180!

They wonder why so many people buy from the states!?![/quote]

Lots of UK dealers are advertising them as being in stock already :)

Street price ranges from £120 to £150

We've got it in stock. We got some from the first shipment and they arrived with us this week. It really is a fantastic pedal. Aside from sounding great, it also overcomes two of the major problems associated with envelope filters on bass, namely low end loss and volume jumps. The 'Dry' and 'FX' knobs act as volume controls for dry and effected signal respectively. When both are at minimum, the signal is muted. Having the Dry signal blended with the FX signal results in all your low end being retained. And, by adjusting the two controls together, not only can you get the perfect blend between the two, you can also set the volume of the effect whether you want that to be the same level as when the pedal is bypassed or whether you want a bit of a boost. It's a really funky bit of kit. Very easy to get lots of good sounds. And it's purple - what more do you want?!! :)

Anyone near to the shop is welcome to come in and audition it. Here it is on our EffectPowerSupplies.com website:

[url="http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/mxr-bass-envelope-filter-1207-p.asp"]http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/mxr-bas...lter-1207-p.asp[/url]

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='845444' date='May 23 2010, 12:37 AM']hi Richard / Jim,
hoped you'd chime in here!
do you also have the other new mxr stuff?
looking to head up your way soon, and spend some time playing with loads of your stock- definitely including this![/quote]Hi Dude,

We've got the Micro Chorus, Zakk Wylde Chorus, Custom Comp and Way Huge Aqua Puss in. We're still waiting for the Micro Flanger, Phase 45 and Volume Pedal. These are due in the second week of June.

Look forward to seeing you again soon. :)

Richard

I got one from effectspowersupplies - their shop- yesterday.
It really is as good as it seems. I'd given up on finding a filter
that I really liked and it turns the m82 is that filter for me!
Richard warned me whilst I was there that those that try it buy it,
and he was right!

--------------------
"His pedalboard runneth over!"

"lets just say your dream tone is a perfect burp (stay with me) but you can't aford a nice mouth to make a burp and all your working with is a bum. at the end of the day, you can tweak, turn, spin, add, subtract, shine and kiss your bum but no matter how hard you try the end result will still be a fart." - pinched from TB!

endorsing artist: Dean guitars