Why become a member? ×

Short-scale (30") lefty SX Precision-alike bass

Clarky

My left handed 12 year old son has moved on to a full sized bass, so his old SX bass is up for grabs. Its very short scale (Bronco like) and I had to import it from the US as there were no UK suppliers of short scale, lefty basses. Looks wise, its nice - a three tone sunburst Precision-alike with a maple board. Only issue is minor - missing vol knob (it has the pop on rather than screw on chrome knobs, very cheap on eBay). Cost me about £100 with import tax IIRC.

Its a great learner if any of you have a left handed kid and I wil happily hand it over in London (I live nr Hammersmith and work nr Liverpool St) in return for a donation to BassChat.

Edited by Clarky

Here's a link with the specs and a pic of it in right-handed form (its a 30" neck by the way): [url="http://www.rondomusic.com/spb57342ts.html"]http://www.rondomusic.com/spb57342ts.html[/url]

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='846113' date='May 23 2010, 10:33 PM']I have a feeling it's such a generous offer a lot of people are leaving it for someone who really needs it.[/quote]

Agreed. This should go to a good home. A great offer right here. Top stuff.

I am thinking the same thing, I really want a short scale for a toy and maybe a project but would rather a lefty kid got it before me!

If you don't mind it going to me I can have it collected most likely by me old man

[quote name='throwoff' post='853272' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:05 AM']I am thinking the same thing, I really want a short scale for a toy and maybe a project but would rather a lefty kid got it before me!

If you don't mind it going to me I can have it collected most likely by me old man[/quote]
Hi there - how's about we say if a lefty kid doesn't appear by the end of this month its yours? I would prefer it went to a kid learning TBH but if there's no takers, feel free to take off my hands!

Sounds fair!

Always wanted to do a project and play a short scale so seems a good oppertunity to kill 2 birds!

Before I get it though I will pass the info onto a couple of friends who are school teachers in london maybe they have someone in one of their classes who wants a lefty bass

[quote name='Steve_nottm' post='853856' date='Jun 1 2010, 05:36 PM']I have 6 month old twins, and one of them is starting to look like she'll be left handed.

any chance you can hang on to it for a few years until it becomes clear whether she is or isn't?[/quote]
If its clear she is a lefty by the end of June the bass is hers :)

Surprised there are no teachers on here with pupils that are lefties, let alone parents ....

[quote name='Clarky' post='853279' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:12 AM']Hi there - how's about we say if a lefty kid doesn't appear by the end of this month its yours? I would prefer it went to a kid learning TBH but if there's no takers, feel free to take off my hands![/quote]
If your at the Friern Barnet bash take it with you.....I will be bringing 2 lefty urchins one currently learning bass with a slightly oversized Satellite the other thinks he might like to learn,,,,if one wants it I will happily make a donation .Im the one that looks like Brad Pitt only taller and uglier....you will spot me no doubt trying to tout a Ricky a Gretsch a modded FJB & an Ibanez Rickenfaker and owt else I can fit in a focus on the day...
Im the grandad and although left handed I play right handed and even upside down...its my party peice..lol Back in the day I only knew 1 lad with a Bass and he was right handed and thats how I was taught

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='876870' date='Jun 24 2010, 09:31 PM']This is now en route to a teacher with a lefty pupil, care of BC'er tino :)[/quote]
Now in the care of Lucky(Lucius)aged 9 hes over the moon with it,we also found an old 70's FAL combo so he can continue learning at home,I was going to give him a pocket rocket but thought....hey let the parents suffer :rolleyes:
Clarky..THANK YOU :lol: From Lucky and myself...

Right hes got like 6 hours to learn...VINDALOO :lol:

[quote name='tino' post='878614' date='Jun 27 2010, 08:38 AM']Now in the care of Lucky(Lucius)aged 9 hes over the moon with it,we also found an old 70's FAL combo so he can continue learning at home,I was going to give him a pocket rocket but thought....hey let the parents suffer :)
Clarky..THANK YOU :lol: From Lucky and myself...

Right hes got like 6 hours to learn...VINDALOO :rolleyes:[/quote]
Stuff Vindaloo, gotta be World in Motion - the best football song ever, except you will have to take over John Barnes' rapping duties, tino!

really glad its gone to a deserving lad