Why become a member? ×

Spector + T-Bass / F1 + Barefaced + TC RS210

davidmpires

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' post='842834' date='May 20 2010, 09:45 AM']oh great, thanks, now I have to get a tc electronic cab!! :) :rolleyes:

what made you mix the TC and the compact? why not two of each?

Just curious. Oh dear, when will this bass envy cease??!!![/quote]

I repplied to your Pm but I thought I'd paste it here too.

I'll try and keep it short

I was playing with the compact only and as loud as it can be it didn’t have the quick response and the tight mids I was used to with my previous Acme b2. I tried to sell the Compact to fund an Acme but 1st no one bought my Compact and 2nd no one was selling an Acme. So I searched for an alternative route and the RS look really really nice so after I read some reviews I thought about buying one. I also spoke to Alex about the midget but I’m not sold on the design and because it is so mids focused it would be a tad too harsh for my liking. Alex offered to send me a Midget for me to try out before I made my decision but we both agreed that there was no real need for it as the midget is not what I was looking for.

So the RS arrived and I could tell straight away that it will never be as loud as the Compact and at that point my idea was to sell my Compact and buy a second RS. But once I tried them together I was sold.
They combine each other with the RS being more bright even harsh at times if you really open the tweeter. And being heavier than the Compact is a determent for me to buy a new one, and two Compacts would take too much space. Plus I don’t have the cash at the moment. So now I have 3 rigs

RS+F1= Small venues when I most concerned with a hi-fi tone and need to use as little floor space as possible.
Compact+F1= Medium size gigs
Both +F1 for really loud gigs or when I can use them, as I’m enjoying the sound very much.

I currently use them both together with my F1 flat exception made to VPF that I use at 10 o’clock and it really delivers that scooped mid sound. I notice that the RS will die first (volume wise) than the Compact but for that to happen you really need to be playing loud.

I might consider buying another RS when I have a bit more cash, but that’s because I like the look of the two together so much and they take up less space at home, I might keep the Compact as well too. Not sure.

[quote name='cocco' post='843162' date='May 20 2010, 02:39 PM']Good to see some T-basses around recently. I aquired a 4 not so long ago and I gotta say it sounds amazing![/quote]

Oh yeah It took me 10 years to buy one. I first touched one back in Portugal, my teacher bought one and I always wanted one for sometime. It was a xmas gift from my wife to be in 2008. She knows me all too well.