Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Fretless BB400s 1983

thebuckets

For Sale my Lined Fretless BB400s I dated it from its serial no to 1983
Vintage (reverse!) P Bass sound, ideal if you want to give fretless a go. I did and loved it so bought a fretless Stingray from Bassbora (lovely single piece of ash, original sunburst) to match my fretted 'Ray and have decided to give this up for sale.

This is a big heavy bass but i got used to its weight quickly and its lovely yellowed aged neck which is fast with a nice low action
Make no mistake it has been through the mill but still has a great tone. Big heavy bridge that makes a badass look lightweight!

I bought it on this site for £110 and have put some ernie ball flats on it (Group III 45-100) at a cost of £35 and will supply it in an equally battered hard case for £150 all in. not making anything on it and am happy to pass on to another Bcer so they can try the black art of fretless! come join us! basses shouldnt have frets

I'd prefer pick up from Liverpool but will ship at buyers expense (prob about £30)
A vintage Jap fretless with a great sound got to be worth a punt at this price
[attachment=49942:yamaha_f...sale_003.jpg][attachment=49941:yamaha_f...sale_002.jpg][attachment=4994
0:yamaha_f...sale_001.jpg][attachment=49946:yamaha_f...sale_009.jpg][attachment=49943:yamaha_f...sale
_004.jpg][attachment=49945:yamaha_f...sale_006.jpg][attachment=49944:yamaha_f...sale_005.jpg]

[quote name='Bassassin' post='839624' date='May 17 2010, 11:34 AM']Bump for a bargain vintage Japanese fretless.

I have an identical BB400S and these are superb basses in every way - definitely worth its (not inconsiderable!) weight!

Jon.[/quote]
Cheers Jon it was on your recommendation that i bought this one and it is a great Bass, it just wont get the playing it should now i have fallen in love with my 'ray fretless
Bri

[quote name='pete.young' post='840099' date='May 17 2010, 07:55 PM']I thought that noelk27 was looking for one of these a while back. Maybe drop him a PM?[/quote]
cheers Pete,
I did pm him before putting it up but he didnt reply so maybe hes not interested? im sure if hes after one he will see this thread- I dont want to hassle anyone as im not desperate to sell just think its worthy of a loving home!
Cheers
Bri

I also used to have a fretless BB400S although I defretted it myself; was my first fretless bass and I absolutely loved it, great in every way. I've always though that Yamahas are massively underrated, especially the 80s ones. My current BB1200 is a serious tone monster.

[quote name='pluckedout' post='840174' date='May 17 2010, 08:48 PM']I also used to have a fretless BB400S although I defretted it myself; was my first fretless bass and I absolutely loved it, great in every way. I've always though that Yamahas are massively underrated, especially the 80s ones. My current BB1200 is a serious tone monster.[/quote]
I know what you mean it gave me the best p bass sound I ever had out of my peavey TNT not the best amp in the world but even my old USA p didn't sound good through it. Now the fender has gone and I am taking the stingray path.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='845194' date='May 22 2010, 04:54 PM']Classic basses!

ATB!

Nick[/quote]
i know and very underated a hidden gem.........mmm why am i selling again?
by the way love the list og gear in your sig- you gotta list those basses!