Why become a member? ×

Combo 100-200 watt HELP

mgibson

Its new bit of gear time again and this time its the amp thats getting the shove of back of the truck onto the road that is the metaphore for my musical experience. So heres how it is my budget id up to around 400 quid although I will only go this far if I have to. I'm looking for something between 100 and 200 hundred watts. I'm currently looking at Ashdown as a real poss. but as I don't know an awful lot about whats out there amp wise I need some help. Also really looking for something new not second hand. So if you know nything please help!

Go check out Hartke stuff - very good value if you insist on new. I wouldn't get hung about secondhand stuff, especially with £400 to spend; you'll get a heck of a lot more for your money trawling through the FOR SALE thread here.

I'm sure am not the only one who will advise you to buy a decent secondhand combo - you'll get better sound and build quality for your dosh.
Many combos crop up in the sales section on here (including Ashdowns) and if/when you come to sell or part exchange it you wont lose much in depreciation too.
Another option is some of the ex-artist Ashdown stuff currently on offer at www.theacademyofsound.co.uk
Been some cracking deals recently if Ashdown floats your boat.

Good luck.

See the main problem I have is that I don't shop over the internet, (various reasons including one very bad experience that will likley never be repeated) so showing me stuff on here is great but I really need to know brands and person experiences ect. thanks for the stuff put up and i'll consider second stuff thanx. Please keep putting stuff up.

[quote name='mgibson' post='839028' date='May 16 2010, 05:21 PM']See the main problem I have is that I don't shop over the internet, (various reasons including one very bad experience that will likley never be repeated) so showing me stuff on here is great but I really need to know brands and person experiences ect. thanks for the stuff put up and i'll consider second stuff thanx. Please keep putting stuff up.[/quote]

You don't have to worry about buying from BassChatters. It's not eBay!

EDIT: Also voxpop would deliver within 50 miles, for example. You could pay on delivery. Or collection.

Edited by discreet