Why become a member? ×

Lest we forget the mids.

Marvin

[quote name='OldGit' post='833711' date='May 10 2010, 10:14 PM']I'd not make any major decisions before trying it in a band situation. :)[/quote]

I totally agree. My plan is to get Andy to overwind them with a coil tap where they are now, then wire in an "awesome" switch for when extra thump is needed. I know I should wait, but the temptation to tinker is almost overpowering...

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='830057' date='May 6 2010, 09:25 PM']I have my markbass SA450 flat. You can hear everything. Might give the mids a whirl though as ther are the extra ones?

I wonder what they would do?[/quote]

I find that I have everything pretty much flat (12o'clock) on my markbass combo and boosting the Low mid a little really cuts through. Haven't found much use for the high mid knob yet though

I have been using the smile eq setting with my TE AH200 for years. I changed the eq for a practice and a gig to boosting the lower mids and then trailing the eg off back to 0. What a difference. I've been dubvious before of using too much mid eq as it tends to sound nasally, but in a band situation it really worked and cut through. I could cleary hear every note I played and reports from out front were very favourable. Another satisfied customer.