Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ATK, what's the story?

Guest MoJo

the ATK is fantastic value for the money!! more so than any mm!

you cant close a thread that is causing such cracking debate!!?

great for all to take part in!

El_Jimbob do you have your own shop?

if so please explain the percentage?

Edited by andy67

[quote name='The Burpster' post='91182' date='Nov 19 2007, 11:28 PM']lets get back on track please folks or I'll have to consider closing this thread as it is not achieving anything.[/quote]

Blimey, I didn't realise that things were so over regulated here...

People are just exchanging opinions, if it strays off topic, so what?

Not over-regulated..... just regulated.

I prefer not having to pick up the bits after folks have escalated from 'freindly banter' into exchanging insults.

Keep it (genuinely) playful and I wont interject (there is no need).

I can however detect when folks have had thier cages rattled (part of my job) and I wont have others baiting them.

B. :)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='91371' date='Nov 20 2007, 12:01 PM']Not over-regulated..... just regulated.

I prefer not having to pick up the bits after folks have escalated from 'freindly banter' into exchanging insults.

Keep it (genuinely) playful and I wont interject (there is no need).

I can however detect when folks have had thier cages rattled (part of my job) and I wont have others baiting them.

B. :)[/quote]

dont get that burpster...unless someone has complained??

my cage certainly isn't rattled nor did I have the intention of rattling anyone elses!

so you have lost me a little on this....................

Now maybe, but at the time the thread started there were several on ebay one of which went for around £150. One 5 string on here went to a pawn broker for £150, I can simpathise with the guy as I bought a Cort bass for over £200 just to see them going on ebay for less than a tonne. Had I known this I would have bought 2nd hand and I would have had more to spend on an amp/combo.

Edited by markytbass

[quote name='markytbass' post='94054' date='Nov 25 2007, 10:28 AM']I think the initial question was why were so many nearly new ones apearing on ebay.[/quote]

Exactly....but not nearly enough SRX700's appearing on eBay. Folks seem to be hanging onto them (unlike me) when I want to pick up another on the 'bay for a song.

Mark

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='90271' date='Nov 18 2007, 03:33 PM']I picked up an ATK Series (4 string) factory Fretless which is excellent...

Not sure that the 3 way switch works though, it'll have to be investigated.

I think it's made in Korea, although there's no "made in..." anywhere on it.

The active EQ is great, it plays lovely and the finish is just about perfect.

Not sure about it being a 'Musicman beater' - I've never had one of those![/quote]

Glad you liked it David.

I'm sure the 3-way switch was working when I gave it to my old man, although it DID have a flat battery - sorry about that.

And I'm still gigging my fretted ATK 400. Fantastic. Ugly, heavy, but superb.

Edited by barneythedog

[quote name='barneythedog' post='95290' date='Nov 27 2007, 08:28 PM']Glad you liked it David.

I'm sure the 3-way switch was working when I gave it to my old man, although it DID have a flat battery - sorry about that.

And I'm still gigging my fretted ATK 400. Fantastic. Ugly, heavy, but superb.[/quote]

The more I play it, the more I like it... your dad was charming by the way!

I think that with the groundwound strings the effect of the switch is a bit more subtle than I was expecting ;-)

Btw, any idea of the date? I know it's more than 10 years old 'cos Headstock had no record of the serial no.