Why become a member? ×

Orange Terror Bass 500w & what lightweight cab??

Chest Rockwell

[quote name='Musicman20' post='832053' date='May 9 2010, 11:39 AM']The OBC wont be as light as the compact, without a doubt. BUT, I did test the two side by side when Alex sent Compacts out for the baschatters to try out. Only briefly though.

It was certainly a LOT lighter, but the sizes were similar.

I wouldnt say one was louder than the other...very similar. Not only that, the Orange, as per the Tom Bowlus 1x15 shootout, has a really nice high end despite the facts its a 1x15 and has no horn.[/quote]

Has anyone tried the terror bass with the OBC 410? Or do you guys think it would be best with the 15?

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='832514' date='May 9 2010, 08:06 PM']Has anyone tried the terror bass with the OBC 410? Or do you guys think it would be best with the 15?[/quote]

If I get the urge to buy one Ill definitely try it, but I think if I did buy one it wouldnt get much use.

Indeed why would you eat a quorn burger if there is steak in the fridge?

And yes the PPC4x12 is a back breaker!! The ad140 head wieghs about 22kg my bass rig wieghs less than that!!!

If you did get it though you should a/b it with the ad200 to see how similar they actually are, especially how the terror is supposed to have the same pre-amp section.