Why become a member? ×

Just got my Ampeg SVT4 Pro delivered. Dub city!

Raslee

At last a decent Ampeg...well i hope its decent, will be putting it through its paces tonight. The one i tried a couple of months back totally did it for my sound really, although i will surely miss my Eden WT550 which part funded this purchase - but for reggae the Ampeg seems to be a winner. I've a/b'd this afternoon briefly with my Eden WT800A and both sound good to me but the Ampeg seemed less muddy in the deep lows. Downside of the SVT is it weighs a ton but i was expecting that and i play with the soundest drummer who realises i am a complete weakling :)

Anybody have much experience of the SVT 4's ?

[quote name='Rasta' post='827704' date='May 4 2010, 05:59 PM']At last a decent Ampeg...well i hope its decent, will be putting it through its paces tonight. The one i tried a couple of months back totally did it for my sound really, although i will surely miss my Eden WT550 which part funded this purchase - but for reggae the Ampeg seems to be a winner. I've a/b'd this afternoon briefly with my Eden WT800A and both sound good to me but the Ampeg seemed less muddy in the deep lows. Downside of the SVT is it weighs a ton but i was expecting that and i play with the soundest drummer who realises i am a complete weakling :)

Anybody have much experience of the SVT 4's ?[/quote]

Just a thought if it's anything like the 5 you can put a patch cable across the back so you only pump out low end, obviously check your speakers are capable first.

I picked up an SVT 4PRO a while back and have used it for a few practices, love it so far, though unfortunately, I haven't been able to test it out with my 410 cab at a high volume. My new(ish) band has our first gig soon though, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes.

I can see/hear why it's good for dub... lovely, full resonant bass tones and clarity too.