Why become a member? ×

ampeg B5R in 2ugator and ampeg b-4x10hlf

Looking to sell my ampeg rig for a quick sale at £600ovno

This consists of an ampeg B5R head which is 350watts at 4ohmes and 500watts at 2 ohmes. the head is nice and safe in a 2Ugator box with key. No faults or damage.

The head has 2 channels for clean and OD sound. plus a combine function to have a 3rd channel into the mix, a custom switch made by monkey fx will be supplied that allows you to activate the octaver, channel and blend.

manual can be found here: [url="http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/B-5R.PDF"]http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/B-5R.PDF[/url]

Also is my ampeg B-4x10HLF at 400watts at 4ohmes. the cab is mint and is in perfect working condition.

This my friends is a wicked 300watt rig that will go to 500watts if a second 4ohme cab is added.

cheers
Steven

Edited by munkonthehill

Hello my friend, i have an ashdown MAG combo (2x10) and a 2x10 speaker to go with. you thinking about straight swaps?

They have gigged looooooads and have had their share of knocks but you wouldn't know if you saw them, ive been looking everywhere for a 4X10 speaker simply because its twice the effort lugging around the place at gigs and so on. what do you think?

how much are you looking to get for the speaker if you are not interested in straight swap?

• 1 month later...

[quote name='andy67' post='858610' date='Jun 6 2010, 01:27 AM']Whats in yer heid now Steve?

andy[/quote]

madness as always Andy, im looking at portability these days and really want to be able to get my gear about without any hassle. So im going Orange, not in a king billy kinda way of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im looking at tiny terror along with a sp210. I sold my combo, im selling the new epiphhone i just got and if needs be I will be selling the ampeg rig.

I know how you feel about these digital heads so im prepared to be mocked :)

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='858725' date='Jun 6 2010, 11:12 AM']madness as always Andy, im looking at portability these days and really want to be able to get my gear about without any hassle. So im going Orange, not in a king billy kinda way of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im looking at tiny terror along with a sp210. I sold my combo, im selling the new epiphhone i just got and if needs be I will be selling the ampeg rig.

I know how you feel about these digital heads so im prepared to be mocked :)[/quote]

Always madness...that's bass gear!!

I've heard the Orange tiny terror and have to say I was impressed but having never gigged one can't really comment. I'm sure they have a valve front end, digital out and rated at 500w. I'm thinking portability too hence buying a small valve head and soon to own a 1x15 all ashdown of course..

[quote name='andy67' post='858797' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:21 PM']Always madness...that's bass gear!!

I've heard the Orange tiny terror and have to say I was impressed but having never gigged one can't really comment. I'm sure they have a valve front end, digital out and rated at 500w. I'm thinking portability too hence buying a small valve head and soon to own a 1x15 all ashdown of course..[/quote]

theres a mint ampeg 4x10hlf on offer here mate :)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='andy67' post='925083' date='Aug 14 2010, 06:51 PM']Lightweight eh!!?

Hows a bout swapping my Ashdown 515 minirig and JLo hyperdrive for the cab?

cheers mate

andy[/quote]

Sorry Andy but its not powerful enough. im looking for a minimum of 350watts to gig, I should have probably stuck that into a previous post.

sorry again matey
Steven

[quote name='fraff' post='926016' date='Aug 16 2010, 12:13 AM']Good luck Steven. My B5R's a goodun, got it paired with a couple of GK 210RBHs - great, flexible set up with very tweakable horn action![/quote]

Yeah Ian these really are wicked heads. Do you use the OD channel much???????? A reckon its a one stop shop of the amp worlds.....infact I may have just talked myself into keeping it and getting a couple of 300watt small cabs hahaha

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='926846' date='Aug 16 2010, 08:06 PM']Yeah Ian these really are wicked heads. Do you use the OD channel much???????? A reckon its a one stop shop of the amp worlds.....infact I may have just talked myself into keeping it and getting a couple of 300watt small cabs hahaha[/quote]
I do use it a fair bit - usually for just a bit of blended OD, leaving my pedals to tackle the distortion heavy lifting. Use the octave a bit too, for giving the odd chorus a great 70s lift! I'd vouch for the GK cabs too - it's great to have from no horn to 2 horns on full, depending on what you're needing

[quote name='fraff' post='927014' date='Aug 16 2010, 10:35 PM']I do use it a fair bit - usually for just a bit of blended OD, leaving my pedals to tackle the distortion heavy lifting. Use the octave a bit too, for giving the odd chorus a great 70s lift! I'd vouch for the GK cabs too - it's great to have from no horn to 2 horns on full, depending on what you're needing[/quote]

yeah i find in a 3 piece band the octaver really fills up the sound without me actually having to try anything complex hahaha.

I find the OD and blend useful pretty much in every song we do,,, however I do a lovely gritty sound,,,i cant imagine what it would sound lke with a distortion pedal too though!!!!! i find with the OD boost on and gain right up i get enough distortion

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='941054' date='Aug 31 2010, 03:32 PM']sure am andy (to you anyway haha)

but I can't split until I get a buyer for the head if that's what you fancy.[/quote]

Hi yep!

couple of things to do myself (sell minirig) and will sort.

cheers

steve

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='941201' date='Aug 31 2010, 06:29 PM']Hi yep!

couple of things to do myself (sell minirig) and will sort.

cheers

steve

andy[/quote]

ok mate, ideally I was hoping for a straight swap for a rig or a combo but if i get an interest in the head then I will split and give you first refusal :)