Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L2000 Kneetrembler

stingrayfan

Just arrived from the States. So pleased with my L2000 Tribute, I bought another. Although this one has a maple neck and was S/H from Ebay. Came with a G&L case though. Cost me just over 350 quid inc delivery and all taxes. Slightly over the odds, but what the hell. Cleary used, with a few battle scars and rusty screws, but great low action and played-in neck. Doesn't feel squeaky clean new which is nice. With a fresh set of nickels on, it sounds great. Very playable, growly and bright. Haven't used in anger yet, so don't know how it'll sound loud. Will report back.

And here's a pic of my other one. Also a Tribute L2000.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='89860' date='Nov 17 2007, 01:14 PM']
Just arrived from the States. So pleased with my L2000 Tribute, I bought another. Although this one has a maple neck and was S/H from Ebay. Came with a G&L case though. Cost me just over 350 quid inc delivery and all taxes. Slightly over the odds, but what the hell. Cleary used, with a few battle scars and rusty screws, but great low action and played-in neck. Doesn't feel squeaky clean new which is nice. With a fresh set of nickels on, it sounds great. Very playable, growly and bright. Haven't used in anger yet, so don't know how it'll sound loud. Will report back.[/quote]
Stop it Matt - that's too nice..

Am seriously having GAS attack for L2500 now!

Very cool looking bass,

Nik

There's not much between them, got to say. The natural one feels a bit more worn-in and woody, and the blue one a bit more new and "zingy". The blue one also looks that little bit classier in the flesh, because of the blueburst finish and rosewood neck. Shame they don't colour-match the headstock, as it would look great. Both have a similar growly-yet-snappy sound. My Stingray's not had a look-in at a gig since the first one came along. Not only do they sound better all round, they're lighter too. Picked up the SR the other, thinking I should give it a gig, and put it back in its case. Boy, did it weigh a ton compared to these ones. I also find I have to roll the treble of my SR4 to get rid of that inherent "clacky clacky" sound which make the bass sound a bit dull. These puppies are happy to have everything wide open and not a clack in sight. I really should come down off the fence and tell you if I like G&L Tribs or not, eh? Haha.

Sounds like we're getting a little G&L Tribute fanclub going here. Quite right too though! I reckon these Tributes are ace and compare to Fender in build quality and to Stingrays in sound. I also like the fact you don't see too many around. If there's a bass bash coming up, I'll bring em along for people to try out.

The fact that you don't see too many around is partly due to incompetent distributors who don't know how to market them properly :)
G&L has bounced between at least 4 or 5 distros in the last 10 years, all who claim that they were a 'hard sell'.
FCN are distributing them in the UK at the mo, and so far, so good. People seem to be waking up to the brand as a whole.
The new JB-2 and SB-2 look especially delicious :huh:
Tell your friends!

[quote name='El_JimBob' post='93891' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:03 PM']The fact that you don't see too many around is partly due to incompetent distributors who don't know how to market them properly :)
G&L has bounced between at least 4 or 5 distros in the last 10 years, all who claim that they were a 'hard sell'.
FCN are distributing them in the UK at the mo, and so far, so good. People seem to be waking up to the brand as a whole.
The new JB-2 and SB-2 look especially delicious :huh:
Tell your friends![/quote]
Hey - we don't want everyone getting one! Just the people here who've expressed some GAS. :huh:

[quote name='setekh' post='94183' date='Nov 25 2007, 05:07 PM']oh man..that blueburst looks awesome![/quote]
Thanks. Took the blue one into a small studio earlier today to record a new demo for my covers band and it sounded ace - really meaty and punchy. Even the engineer recording it said how great it sounded.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='94306' date='Nov 25 2007, 09:42 PM']Thanks. Took the blue one into a small studio earlier today to record a new demo for my covers band and it sounded ace - really meaty and punchy. Even the engineer recording it said how great it sounded.[/quote]
first that video and now this..do you think it's right to aggravate my GAS? :)

*checks out the american ebay*

*checks out bank account*

*sigh*

:huh:

seriously now, it seems you hit the jackpot :huh: congrats!