Why become a member? ×

FEELER FS/FT Sei Bass Flamboyant 5-string headless

patpatel

Hi!

I’m thinking about selling my SeiBass Flamboyant
handmade by Martin Petersen at The Bass Gallery.... I’m sure you know about the quality of theses basses, so straight to the details

Body: Swamp Ash
Neck: Maple
Top: Olive wood
34" Scale
7-piece neck Maple/Wenge
24 Frets
Fretboard: BirdsEye Maple with binding
ABM Bridge
Circuit; Schack 3-Band, adjustable via switches in the control cavity.
Controls ; Volume, Pan, Bass, Mids, Treble
Pickups: Bartolini Jazz
Misc; The backplates, covering the control cavity and battery compartment are cut from the same piece of
wood as the main body.

Important: This one’s got an XLR input, not jack! Much more sturdy than a jack input. I know it’s unusual so I would also include an XLR cable

Weight: ca. 3.8 kg, very light and great balance

This bass was made for me in 1995. Low serial number (057)

[url="http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/paddypatel/sei%20bass%20flamboyant%205/?action=view&current=IMG_2698.jpg"][/url]

Loads more photos here:
[url="http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/paddypatel/sei%20bass%20flamboyant%205/"]http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/p...flamboyant%205/[/url]

The bass is very versatile - quite modern sounding, great for fingerstyle and chords. The Schack circuitry is very powerful and useable. Action can be set very low – great playability, especially in the high register

Condition: definitely used, this bass has seen a lot of gigs and there are scratches and dongs but nothing major. The only really noticeable thing is a longish but thin crack in the wood near the lower strap holder (see photos)
The headpiece is new. The old one was worn out and was replaced this month (which cost about €150).
It can be used with normal strings (not double ball)
Frets are showing some wear but there’s still life in them.

Comes with gigbag but no case.

Now for the price... I find it hard to price this, it would cost about £2400 new nowadays but it is quite old and has seen lots of action.
So I was thinking about £1250? Please let me know if this is a realistic price, would be interesting to hear what you think this is worth.

Now the other thing is I live in Austria at the moment, so it would be kind of hard to try out this bass. On the other hand, I still travel to the UK frequently so could maybe arrange something. Shipping is of course an option.

Sorry about the long post....!

Edited by patpatel

thanks! it is a great bass... but I'm becoming more of a fender man as I'm getting older

[quote name='Golchen' post='822798' date='Apr 29 2010, 11:35 AM']I would love one of those!!!! One of my fave basses out there.

No money right now unfortunately :)

Best of luck selling[/quote]