Why become a member? ×

Oh Dear! Don't let the missus see this ;)

derrenleepoole

Just popped into Rimmers in Blackburn to have a chat with the guy who runs it, like you do, nice and informal, something to do on lunch break, and came out with this:

A nice short scale bass with lots of character... just shy of a 100 noughts! Don't know anything about them, so if you can chip in with some thoughts and comments that would be great. Particularly year of manufacture etc, as they appear to be discontinued. Also, what exactly are the pickups? They appear to be humbuckers?

Now to explain this sudden appearance to the missus :)

Just put it in plane view and If its anything like my missus she won't notice for a good month. Or strip naked and get in bed with it, when your missus comes home just look helpless and say 'it just happened...'

Is it semi acoustic? Whats the purpose of the S holes?

Edited by El Bajo

Yeah, it's semi acoustic and quite well balanced. The tone was excellent, and that big humbucker pickup is very fat! :)

The F holes can be found on most acoustic instrument and help in sound projection (mostly) - not that you'll get much with a bass like this.

Edited by derrenleepoole

Agreed, of try and make me feel guilty in some case. However, I do operate a one in, one out policy on basses, so I still have two :). Strung it up with some Rotosound blacks and it has a nice earthy, woody tone. The neck is very nice too, very P-bass ish, while the short scale makes for very comfortable playing. Doesn't suffer neck dive either. However, there is very little info about these online, so if someone could chip in with some, that would be great.