Why become a member? ×

Expression pedals

D-L-B

I have a Boss PS-3 and recently acquired a Zoom expression pedal to use with it. My problem is that the portion of movement through the sweep of the pedal when it exerts it's effect is about a tenth of the pedals overall movement! It is impossible to control it with any sensitivity as it basically just switches from one extreme to another in such a small movement. Does Boss's own Expression pedal work any better or any other pedals out there? Or is the solution simply to mod the pedal so the pot inside is closer to the pivot point on the pedal and thus 'gearing it down'?

Thanks

Dan

Edited by D-L-B

i think the best course of action would simply be to sell it to me! :)

it sounds though like the zoom's impedance is either too high, or doesn't have the right type of pot (linear vs logarithmic, etc) so I'm not sure that modifying it is the way forward -- unless you could put a different potentiometer in it? it's just a guess though, and I don't really know what the boss is looking for in terms of an expression pedal.